WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which automatic watch for me?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  tjr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post and thanks for having such a nice forum for watch aficionados!

I've been looking for a nice (under $1100 preferably) leather strapped automatic chronograph for a while. I'd love to hear your opinions and see pics of your timepieces as well!

So far I've liked Steinhart's Marine collection (Marine Watch - Steinhart Watches - fine exclusive timepieces) but every model has some small details that I'm not a fan of..

Thank you for your time!

Here's a pic of my current Seiko:

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum! Nice Seiko.

Automatic Swiss Chronographs are hard to come by under $1k USD as they tend to contain the ETA 7750, which is more expensive. Those Steinharts are a good find actually - even though they're over your budget at more like $1200US. I didn't know they made 2824s with DD modules. For cheaper auto chronos you'd probably have to go with a Chinese movement, in which case see here Chinese Mechanical watches

Also not that it matters so much but you bolded leather strapped; you can get a perfectly good aftermarket strap for £20 so don't rule out ones on bracelets (and bracelets are worth more so if they're the same price consider opting for that over the strap then buy aftermarket anyway).

#10 ·
#12 ·
How about Hamilton Pan Europ (just google for pics and price) in silver or black.
They are available for little over 1200 at the moment, but I've seen them close to 1100 at times...

Good luck in your search.

#15 ·
Wow, thank you all for your responses!

So far I've liked Chr.Ward's watches the most, thanks for the suggestion.

The Riccardo was also beautiful, but as mentioned earlier the logo cheapens it a bit.. Shame :(

I will take a closer look on CW and Hamilton!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.