WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly recent pickups, a BB36 and a BB Chrono. Two watches I wanted to try out for a while, but I always felt like one of them would have to go. Alongside my Rolex Sub, that's 3 diver styled watches, black dial, and "Rolex" umbrella. Not enough diversity for my taste, especially in a very small collection.

Pros for both:
- I like the styling and the way they look
- Would serve as a nice changeup for whatever reason I don't want to wear my Sub.
- Both seem well built and are accurate.

Pros for BB36:
- It's been a while since I had a 36mm watch on my 6.5 inch wrist, and I forgot how well they can fit and comfortable. Probably a tad more comfortable on my wrist than even the Sub.
- I think it dresses up better than my Sub and could serve as my go-to whenever I wear a suit (which is quite rare).
- Due to size and overall style, could easily be a daily wearer if need be (though my Sub will continue in that role).

Pros for BB Chrono:
- A chrono to go with simple 3-hander, might make a better 2 watch collection with Sub
- Daytona-esqe styling elements (dream watch being Daytona)

Cons for BB36:
- Maybe too well-suited for daily wear when I already have a daily wearer, so might eventually lose wrist time.
- No date (not a huge deal since my Sub has date, but I do generally prefer a watch to have a date)

Cons for BB Chrono:
- Thick (14.9mm). Definitely looks big on my 6.5 inch wrist. It's not as comfortable as the BB36 or Sub, but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable. That being said, it would never be a daily wearer type watch for me.
- The Daytona styling elements may make me continue to long for Daytona instead of enjoying it on its own merits.

Pic of my 3 current watches:

IMG_0480.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would keep the BB36. Not really anything else like it in the category/ segment esp if your main concern is "diversity." The tudor brand is getting even more interesting now with mostly in house movements, cohesive branding with rolex, and I think what they're continuing to do better is use Tudor as a halo brand to the big R. In this case, I think that chrono is doing its job - making you wish it were a daytona.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Keep the BB36. There’s plenty of other great chronos but not a lot of watches that fill the BB36 niche (besides the 36mm Explorer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
116 Posts
I really do like this piece from TUDOR BB chrono, but it's so thick which is a bit of a let down. I own the Pelagos and that is thick enough for me . Shame

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would keep the BB36. Not really anything else like it in the category/ segment esp if your main concern is "diversity." The tudor brand is getting even more interesting now with mostly in house movements, cohesive branding with rolex, and I think what they're continuing to do better is use Tudor as a halo brand to the big R. In this case, I think that chrono is doing its job - making you wish it were a daytona.
Could the same not be said of the BB36 and the Explorer I?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Well, I see plenty of diversity. We all see things differently! The Rolex, true dive watch, the chronograph, and the BB36 which is a very versatile watch much like the Explorer 1, only I think nicer. Since you asked, if I was you, I would keep all three if at all possible. Whatever you choose, though, will look forward to the pics. And sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question. I would keep the BB36.
Cheers,
Carl

·
Registered
914 Posts
I tried on a BB 36 today at an AD and loved it. The perfect do everything watch and I love the size on my 7" wrist. Plus I think the chrono is one of the less successful Tudor designs and you can get other very nice chronos, while the BB 36 is kind of on its own other than a 36 mm Explorer I which is about twice as much.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Don't even think of selling that BB Chrono.

1) It has the best movement of all three watches in your collection. It's not even close, trust me.
2) It has sold terribly for Tudor (for a number of reasons), and is likely not long for this world. Either way, it will be a far rarer bird than the others a decade from now
3) It is most versatile watch in your collection. There a plenty of decent of chronos, and plenty of decent divers. Very few are as good at both as your BBC

If you must sell something, dump the 36.

Or better yet, keep all three :)

·
Registered
12,103 Posts
Keep the Black Bay 36, because it has got no date feature on it!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Can’t add anything that hasn’t been already said.

All good points and worthy of taking into consideration.

I guess for me then if I was you, it would come down to looks and how each watch makes me feel.

Any wrist shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Don't even think of selling that BB Chrono.

1) It has the best movement of all three watches in your collection. It's not even close, trust me.
2) It has sold terribly for Tudor (for a number of reasons), and is likely not long for this world. Either way, it will be a far rarer bird than the others a decade from now
3) It is most versatile watch in your collection. There a plenty of decent of chronos, and plenty of decent divers. Very few are as good at both as your BBC

If you must sell something, dump the 36.

Or better yet, keep all three :)
The above is the best advice I've seen here.

The Tudor Black Bay Chrono is an incredible watch and very much under appreciated at the moment. I believe that the BB Chrono is a far superior watch to just about any chrono at its price point and also superior to many costing a lot more.

I'd Keep all three if I were you, and I certainly never see myself parting with my BB Chrono.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
Keep the 36, sell the B.B. chrono and buy a Speedy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts