WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a blue dialed diver and thinking about one of these two pieces. I normally love chronos, but seems to block out that cool sundial aesthetic. Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
580 Posts
They're both cool looking, and among those 2 I would go for the Chrono. It's also a great movement and the price difference between the 2 models in grey market/second hand is not huge.
May I suggest another option, the newly released Titanium Fifty Fathoms blue dial. It looks a little updated I think (pics from the internet):

ml_5424821.jpg

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I'm usually a Chrono guy, but the finishing treatment of the 3 hand is amazing in person. It really plays with the light. Never owned it but have handled it in person and the dial treatment is so nice that I think the chrono takes away from that design feature and that design feature should be in the fore front.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
i love the aesthetic on the 3 hand, but on the other hand to have a diver watch which is not only a chrono but also a flyback chrono!!!
thats like scratching three watches from your list in one watch.
i love the FP flyback chrono movement. IMHO, it is better than the zenith el primero or the lemania movement. but thats just my opinion.
and i'm also glad you went with the bracelet, that too will make it even more versatile to be worn in summer as well as other seasons

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
i love the aesthetic on the 3 hand, but on the other hand to have a diver watch which is not only a chrono but also a flyback chrono!!!
thats like scratching three watches from your list in one watch.
Did it really reduce your collection size by two?

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
The 3-hander

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the sentiment here is that the FF is iconic only in it's three-hand form, which has truth in it. But that chrono is cool. I prefer it to the bathyscaphe chronograph personally.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you are satisfied with the three hander and it's all the same to you that is the correct choice. It's beautiful, functional. The maintenance costs of a complication I will hardly use makes no sense to me. It's expensive and like throwing away money.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know I said blue, but what if I threw the black bathyscape Chrono in the mix?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I chose this but I wear it on an Erika's Original strap.
I also have a speedmaster. Think its redundant? Very similar

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I know I said blue, but what if I threw the black bathyscape Chrono in the mix?

If you can track one down there is a blue dialed version that was released but it doesn't come on a bracelet as it's a Grey ceramic case. It was one of the ocean commitment limited editions.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts