WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Im buying my first entry level luxury watch and i was wondering which brand is perceived as better in a professional environment, movado or raymond weil? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
RW is consistently well made and uses solid ETA movements. Movado seems to span the entire gamut depending on what price point you are entering at.

Reactions: Zeroedout

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
oh hai 1 post troll

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
They're different; one is not "better" than the other. They both make good watches, that work fine.

You have to decide what you want, in terms of style, movement, etc. Then the choice between those two will be easy.

Reactions: Zeroedout

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Raymond Weil has higher msrp's and regularly uses ETA mechanical movements. Movado, on balance, targets a more affordable price point and deals primarily in quartz...

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
RW has more dress watches and would fit better.

Movado somehow in my mind has the image of 90's executives.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
This. If it makes a difference my buddy who has a Omega AT8500 Captain's watch and an old Museum dialed Movado gets more compliments on the Movado by a mile. Its very recognizable by the general public and has a perceived reputation for "luxury". Since this is your first post and you posted a this or that I suspect we will never here from you again but hey we try to help around here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the Movado Bold, and it has been good for what it is. In the $500-$800 price range it is a fairly good entry level luxury watch. The Bold balances trendy, quality, and luxury at an alright price. I have worn my bold with denim and a t-shirt l, and I have worn it with a tuxedo and it looks good with both styles. The one negative is the clasp on the bracelet is not as secure as I would like it to be, but with that being said the watch is youthful luxury. I don't have any experience with RW, so I can't speak on the brand, but with any luxury brand-remember you are paying into the brand name, and that is not always a bad thing. I Hope this helps, happy hunting!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Many years ago I owned several of both. No issues to report. Both brands have their own look.
IMO it would come to whether you want a quartz / automatic and which style.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
I always view RW higher than Movado. Movado stay firm on their iconic design that doesn't interest me. After a glance I ignore all together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts