WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m intrested in buying a classic dress watch but the only affordable brands of Swiss watches in Sweden are mainly Tissot and Certina. The Longines and Omegas are a little expensive for my taste not to speak about Rolex, Jaeger le coultre and that lot. The Certina and Tissots are nice but I would like something more unusual. I´ve recently found a couple of new brands to me - Davosa and Atlantic which fits the description, any more suggestions?

Regards
Erik

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
I´m intrested in buying a classic dress watch but the only affordable brands of Swiss watches in Sweden are mainly Tissot and Certina. The Longines and Omegas are a little expensive for my taste not to speak about Rolex, Jaeger le coultre and that lot. The Certina and Tissots are nice but I would like something more unusual. I´ve recently found a couple of new brands to me - Davosa and Atlantic which fits the description, any more suggestions?

Regards
Erik
Erik,

I am not a Swiss fan so I'm going to suggest that you look at watches like the Seiko Spirit - Sara - and Brightz lines. They range from $260 to $1500 and present great value for money. The Sara and Spirit lines are very much traditional dress watches in my opinion.

Good luck in your search

Spirit Model SCVS013

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
You could go German with Stowa Antea, very reasonable, or several Limes models.

·
5,159 Posts
If Edox is available there, you might have a look at them. It's an under-appreciated Swiss brand here in the U.S. I'm very impressed with mine and it only cost around $200 new. Excellent fit & finish and a decorated ETA movement as well!

Pic by Eddyboy

Mido, Titoni and Tutima are other Swiss "value" brands that come to mind, but I don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
They really are too numerous to name as most watches are below that price level: Trias (Swiss), Movado, Victorinox, Hamilton, Zeno, Tissot, ad infinitum. There are also dozens of great brands with non - Swiss cases and Swiss movements.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ollech & Wasj. There's an ID3077 my wife has hidden away somewhere in the house for X-Mas and it's driving me nuts. A 2824-2 movement, with a sapphire crystal, for under $400. And it might be one of their more pricey models. I don't know if there's a watchmaker with better bargains out there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Definitely try Victorinox (Swiss Army). They have quite a nice selection of watches, even dressy ones and are all Swiss Made.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Here's another O&W...the Mirage III (Swiss Made).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts