WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say hello there! And sorry for my English, sadly it's not my native:oops:

I'm looking for my first "serious" watch, my limit is 500 USD. So, it will be probably quartz watch, but it doesn't matter for me. I want someting little bit more sporty, but still very elegant. It must me cool both with a t-shirt and shirt. I want chronograph for a 99%. I'm 19.5 years old, and I have not a huge arm or wrist, so I don't want a leather watchstrap. It must be waterresist (best for 100M).

I am searching for a long time, and now one of the best what I found is Seiko Sportura SNA595P1

What do you think about them? Sadly those photos are a bit better, then the watch looks in real..

Do you now any other watches, which could be fine for me? I like TagHeuer Carrera and ORIS F1 too, but they are too expensive.

Thank you a lot!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Look at Tissot watches. They have some good looking chrono's for around 500 or less. You also might consider the Tissot T-touch. Those are some neat watches.
Also you could get an oris F1 w/o the chronometer for around $500.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Very sporty but elegant at the same time. Seikos are fine watches. I think it is a good choice.|>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chech the Hamilton Field Chrono, or other HAmilton watched. ETA movement and quality cases, etc.

They are one of the best bargains of any watch at any price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you a lot for your ideas. I tryed the seiko sna595 today, it seems to be ok, but I am not 100% sure with them...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Volmax Aviators!

·
Registered
741 Posts
There are some Swiss Army 9G 600 Chronograph going on ebay now for $450, they have the valjoux 7750 movement. You don't often see that caliber movement at that low price. There is a massive thread in the affordable forum here talking about them.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That one you posted is a nice watch.. however.. you say you want something you can wear with a t-shirt. That one, while being really sporty, would look out of place with a regular ole' t-shirt. Its very catchy... and dark black to boot which does make it stand out.

If I may Id suggest the Seiko SND669 Chrono, F1 Honda Team watch. I actually own one and it is deffinately a nice enough watch to wear with a dress up outfit.. and deffinately fits in when wearing a t-shirt and jeans while retaining that "sporty" look.

Check it out:

http://www.watches88.com/pd_seiko_criteria_special_edition_chronograph.cfm

Much less then $500 too.. save a few hundred. :-!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That one you posted is a nice watch.. however.. you say you want something you can wear with a t-shirt. That one, while being really sporty, would look out of place with a regular ole' t-shirt. Its very catchy... and dark black to boot which does make it stand out.

If I may Id suggest the Seiko SND669 Chrono, F1 Honda Team watch. I actually own one and it is deffinately a nice enough watch to wear with a dress up outfit.. and deffinately fits in when wearing a t-shirt and jeans while retaining that "sporty" look.

Check it out:

http://www.watches88.com/pd_seiko_criteria_special_edition_chronograph.cfm

Much less then $500 too.. save a few hundred. :-!
great advice|> I thought I know every seiko watch, but I have never heared about Criteria line...

That one you posted looks good, can you post a photo of the watch on your hand? I think I can't see them here in Central Europe, and it looks very shiny, my idea was that everyone wears "silver boring watch", so because of that I'm looking for something a bit different. But this Criteria is not boring :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Avengeance, what size is your wrist? that chrono looks quite big! if possible, could you provide the crystal diameter, the diameter of just the body/with crown, the thickness, and the width of the bracelet? The information would be greatly appreciated. This watch looks amazing, and for the price, it sure is tempting!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Avengeance, what size is your wrist? that chrono looks quite big! if possible, could you provide the crystal diameter, the diameter of just the body/with crown, the thickness, and the width of the bracelet? The information would be greatly appreciated. This watch looks amazing, and for the price, it sure is tempting!
I must say.. this watch was the quickest Ive ever spent money on. I saw it.. searched.. found one for a reasonable price and never looked back. I absolutely love it. Youll notice that the one I have (pictured) has a TiCN plated outer bezel, some come all steel and no Ti bezel. IMO the Ti bezel sets this apart from all the regular ole' all steel and black face. The Ti bezel gives it a little contrast.

I dont have my owners booklet in front of me but a quick search shows the case to be 43mm wide (doesnt specify w or w/o crown) x 10mm thick. My wrist is 7.5". I will check the owners book tomorrow and confirm.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Youre welcome.

That Volmax is a great looking watch too!

Good luck with your decision. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I have found Oris WilliamsF1 Team Pointer Date.

Automatic, but only 50M and without chronograph... But they looks realy good. That do you think? I like their chronos a lot, but they are quite expensive.

I have on my hand both Seikos sna595 and those Oris PointerDate today, both are realy nice, but the seikos looked like a toy next the Oris :-s

But they are more expensive, 50m and without chrono :( I am realy confused, what to buy. :oops:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That Oris is really nice! Im not a fan of that Seiko though, its just way too "busy".

Sounds like you have a dilema... I still think you should get the Seiko SND669 Chrono F1 Honda Team watch. :-d :)

Good luck man... theres a nice selection out there for $500.

·
Registered
475 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts