WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear COA:

I have created this thread with the hope that your sales/marketing/engineering teams get a feel for what us WISers would love to have here from your Japan and overseas product lines. Let me get started and others feel free to add as you wish:

Citizen Calendrier:

Sapphire Crystal, Semi-Perpetual Calendar (Has to be manually adjusted every 4 years or on a leap year), superb dial, case and bracelet work.

I'll keep adding more as they come to mind.

·
Registered
262 Posts
How about an update to the Skyhawk (non-AT) line and make them resemble them older style Navihawks. Oh, and get rid of the dependent bands that come with a lot of these watches and the old lug sizes please :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mini that watch (silver w/blue markers) is just stunning. Please do bring it to the US. Havent looked up a price for it yet, but bring it here anyway.

*edit*
model number to the above watch is bu0011-55a incase anyone else is wondering

**edit**
www.creationwatches.com has it for 289.00, not bad at all. Dont know if they are reputable. It says list price is $549 us.

***edit***
promise to stop editing...here's link to that page, just as an fyi.

http://www.creationwatches.com/prod...erpetual-calendar-bu0011-55a-bu0011-1822.html

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mini that watch (silver w/blue markers) is just stunning. Please do bring it to the US. Havent looked up a price for it yet, but bring it here anyway.
You can get it from the grey market dealers in Singapore for around US$350. The model number for the white dialed version above is BU011-55A. The rose colored dial version is model number BU011-63Z.:-!

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

*edit*
model number to the above watch is bu0011-55a incase anyone else is wondering

**edit**
www.creationwatches.com has it for 289.00, not bad at all. Dont know if they are reputable. It says list price is $549 us.
Yes they are extremely reputable. I have bought a non-US Citizen from Jason before. Supreme service. The guy is a class act and a hardcore WIS.:-!

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can get it from the grey market dealers in Singapore for around US$350. The model number for the white dialed version above is BU011-55A. The rose colored dial version is model number BU011-63Z.:-!
Would be nice to be able to go and see/touch/try it out though.

I dont normally like dressy watches, but my jaw dropped when i saw those picks.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
For me this is an easy one. Please offer the bracelet mounted variants of the Asymmetrical cased 20th anniversary Aqualands that are sold in Europe and latin America, but not in the US:

and the one on the upper right hand corner:

Why the US only gets the standar and the Orange accent variants and only on a rubber strap seems like a bit of a miscalculation to me. On a strap, as i see it, the watch is limited mainly to recreational divers. with a bracelet, a lot more people might be interested in it.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I want to see every single watch Citizen makes to be offered everywhere.

If I had to choose, I would all of the RC/Solars with miltiband reception.

I also want all the JDM Promasters.

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
An Eco-Drive version of the A 660. That would be a true maintenance free watch. And bring back the CTS57-0701 (or something a lot like it.) (Picture "borrowed" from GMT+9.)
Good call. A dream watch for me would be a larger diameter version of the CTS57-0701. Beautiful watch.
My wife stole my PMT56-2371. She said it was too small for me. I'd like to see those sold new in the states as well. The one piece Duratect case with AR coated sapphire is just awesome.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,937 Posts
Dear COA:

I have created this thread with the hope that your sales/marketing/engineering teams get a feel for what us WISers would love to have here from your Japan and overseas product lines. Let me get started and others feel free to add as you wish:

Citizen Calendrier:

apphire Crystal, Semi-Perpetual Calendar (Has to be manually adjusted every 4 years or on a leap year), superb dial, case and bracelet work.

I'll keep adding more as they come to mind.
I look on the Citizen (and Seiko) watches not available for sale in the USA as opportunities. Opportunities to seek out and own a watch that is not available in every shopping center and department store in the USA. I find it easy to purchase non USA models simply by contacting dealers like Seiya, Higuchi, Chino, Rakuten, etc. And I find that those non USA models remain unique because they are not seen locally. Contrast that with the many USA market Eco Drive models.:-!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well you guy's south of the border are lucky, you get Campanola and I would like to see them offered up here as well!

Also, now that Citizen are going upmarket in this neck of the woods with the Signature line it would be great if they brought in a few exceed models as it is obvious the market can take the rise in price now!

Now, if only Seiko could get rid of their drop dead boring range that they sell in Canada and bring the good stuff in that would top it all off. There is not one model in their range that appeals in any way and when ones sees the price of a bog standard seiko quartz here and compares what one can get from Japan for the same price it makes the exsiting range even more of a rip off! one can purchase a perpetual calander HEQ Seiko direct from Japan for a hundred less than the boring non HEQ quartz they punt here!

Hat's off to Citizen for taking the lead!
I know, Seiko have just opened a swanky boutique in Toronto but I can fly to England from Vancouver for less money than fly to Toronto! The anatana's are a step in the right direction but the price they are charging for them here is the same as many Grand Seiko's one can get direct from Japan!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
More watches with sapphire crystals. Like the Calibre series and Nighthawk for example. Most Citizen (non-dive) watches leave the crystal really exposed and, to me, it seems like the mineral crystals scratch too easily. I've been thinking about getting a Nighthawk as a work watch, but I know that the mineral crystal will get scratched up too fast and easily, so I haven't picked one up, yet.

Also, I would really like to have a sapphire crystal installed on my Calibre 3100, but COA told me that it was not possible to have it done (even if I paid them), despite the fact that the sapphire exists since it comes in the "LE" version of the Calibre(s)....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts