• Grey and Blue

Votes: 31 23.5%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,
As many of us already saw new Seamaster Professional 300m in fresh, so I just want to check which color combination that you love/prefer most?
Personally, I prefer blue when I first saw the official picture at Baselworld. However, handling both black and blue at AD and I am now lean toward to black.
What is you vote and why?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I owned the blue ceramic in the previous generation. I loved that blue. I love blue in general. I think the blue dial with a blue seatbelt strap or blue/silver seatbelt strap looks as classy as it gets. And throwing it on a tan leather strap is your thing, it worked well that way as well.

But the dial on the new generation has changed the aesthetic of the black dial. The ridges in the waves almost project a gray that somehow lightens the watch, and in my mind makes it more attractive and versatile. I just think it looks the better of the two. And the previous post is definitely correct- the blue has gone a shade lighter, and I don't think for the better. I wouldn't say it's a bad color and I could see myself being very happy with it if black were not an option, but I ended up ordering a black dial. It's been almost two months and it still hasn't arrived, but I was so happy with the discount I got that, even though I had the option to get a blue dial at the same discount from another jeweler, ready to ship, I couldn't pull the trigger and switch colors.

The silver dial??? I guess I like it on the blue rubber strap, but it looks too washed out when worn on the bracelet, so it's a no-go for me. Could make for a perfect summer beach watch though.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
1. Grey dial on a new bracelet
2. Blue dial bi-colour YG
3. Black dial bi-colour sedna RG

Black or blue dial on steel.. it does not really matter as 2012 SPMc models are better here.

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-co-axial-42mm-21030422006001.jpg

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I bought the blue one but still waiting to see the blue/gray version in person. I might buy the blue/gray with the blue strap and this way the bracelet on the blue one and strap will be interchangeable.
I voted for the blue/gray since that was my original choice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think the blue looks really good in person, the grey blue is pretty unique as well. Can't go wrong with the black, but it's really common in most dive watches

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Classic black for sure. |> The others lend themselves to color remorse somewhere down the road. :-d I've been there! :-d:-d

·
Registered
954 Posts
Like you, I am drawn to blue watches but the gray/blue combo caught my eye. I feel if it was my money the all blue would win because I'm not 100% sure the bi-color combo will age as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it was my only watch, definitely black. But as part of a collection that already has a black dial, like a Speedmaster, then it has to be blue for me.

·
Banned
121 Posts
I'm going to have to with the blue, sure the black is beautiful but you have to see and try on the blue in person i was smitten by it at first sight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had the previous version in blue and this time I went with the black. It is awesome looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts