WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farer Hecla Titanium Aqua Compressor or Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor?

I am looking at these two watches for my next purchase of a fun, summer watch with some color, and I can't decide which one I like better. Here is my initial thoughts:

• CW: Actual compressor design
  • CW: More interesting case design
  • Farer: Better dial design (not as busy although I do like the white bezel on the CW)
  • Farer: Better lume
  • Farer: Use of titanium case and bronze crown adds a little more interest

It honestly is even at this point in my eyes. It may come down to which one I can find on the used market first. Any other aspects I may be missing?

Pics from the web

·
Registered
31,603 Posts
Really like the CW, esp now the logo is at 12 and not 9, more balanced IMO.

I have owned a few CW over the years and the quality is amazing and just gets better and better.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
both very even. I think I like the shade of blue better on Farer. Good lume on a diver is important to me. I prefer Ti too. Though CWard makes an excellent watch .

·
Registered
12,856 Posts
Oh man. Those are two great watches.

I have certainly thought about both of them.

Frankly you can’t go wrong I think. Just choose which design you like best and enjoy the heck out of it!

If it was me choosing today I think I’d go CW. But it might be the farer tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Both are nice, but the Farer makes me want to write bad checks. I would go for the Farer. The color and composition of the dial is amazing and the case shape is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like the Farer better. The color of blue and cleaner look of the dial (no minute indices) calls to me more than the CW. I also like the blue bezel compared to the white on the CW. But its whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
CW is my vote. Also don't overlook the deep blue CW, also beautiful. View attachment 15874811
That does look sharp! Especially on the bracelet. Is that the same model the OP posted?

Edit: just went to Christopher Ward’s website... now I’m torn between the two myself. Is the Farer s true compressor like the CW? I have to say seeing better photos of the CW changed my opinion of the watch. This is why I hate this forum. I woke up today a long time fan of compressor divers and now I really want one!

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
CW, best size, real compressor design, adjustable clasp on bracelet.

July sale is around the corner. Not gonna be able to beat the prices available then.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I vote with the majority as of now. The Farer has a nicer blue and I like the organic, flowing case design better. I'm not a fan of very contrasting color internal bezels, as I find that they visually make the dial seem smaller. Black bezel on a navy blue, no problem. White or silver bezel on a blue dial, not for me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My vote is on Farer but I'm biased because I vowed that to rage against the CW full-text branding until I die.
Oh boy,
Exactly same here,
Soo many great models, and i so love the trident second hand.
But that branding....
I really hope they come up with something in the near future.
And locating the brand name from 9 o'clock to 12 was already an improvement.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That does look sharp! Especially on the bracelet. Is that the same model the OP posted?

Edit: just went to Christopher Ward’s website... now I’m torn between the two myself. Is the Farer s true compressor like the CW? I have to say seeing better photos of the CW changed my opinion of the watch. This is why I hate this forum. I woke up today a long time fan of compressor divers and now I really want one!

It is the same as the OP on bracelet. Bracelet is quick release and quick micro-adjustable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Farer Hecla Titanium Aqua Compressor or Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor?

I am looking at these two watches for my next purchase of a fun, summer watch with some color, and I can't decide which one I like better. Here is my initial thoughts:

• CW: Actual compressor design
  • CW: More interesting case design
  • Farer: Better dial design (not as busy although I do like the white bezel on the CW)
  • Farer: Better lume
  • Farer: Use of titanium case and bronze crown adds a little more interest

It honestly is even at this point in my eyes. It may come down to which one I can find on the used market first. Any other aspects I may be missing?

Pics from the web

View attachment 15874616

View attachment 15874617
Look for a wittford
Very nice. Man, this is a tough choice. I’d have to see them both in person to be able to decide.

Look for a Wittnauer compressor. Very cool!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts