WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left wrist is on the small side of average (6.75 inches), and I like to wear my watches on the looser side - with my hand at my side, the proximal edge of my watches' bracelets are often just distal to the radial and ulnar styloid processes (sorry about the anatomical jargon, but it's what I know and is about as accurate as I can describe how loose I wear my watches).

I own three Seikos (007, OM and an SHC039, all on bracelets), and they all fit very comfortably due in no small part to the offset crown. I've been on the prowl for a Sumo, but is my focus too narrow? What other watches out there have have crowns in the region of 4 o'clock? The ones I know:

Citizen: NY2300, 0040, 0054
Doxa: 250
Oris: TT1 Ti
Seiko: pretty familiar with the 4 o'clockers here.
Sinn: U1, U2, UX
Zeno: 300 SEL

And that's about it for my knowledge base. the WUS search engine kicks the "4" out in front of "o'clock", so searching was a little frustrating.

If anyone can give me a recommendation over the Sumo, here's what I'm looking for:

case ~45mm
offset crown
bracelet, but non-integrated or strap option.
auto movement
chronographs need not apply
day/date would be nice, but not a must-have
GMT would also be nice, but not a must-have
clean dial aesthetic - the fewer/smaller the numbers, the better

You can see why the Sumo is an attractive option. But I'm certainly open to suggestions.

I didn't think this was going to turn into one of those "which watch" threads, but oh well...

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Muhle Glashutte Nautic Timer, SAR, and Rasmus are all divers with a crown at 4, but are a touch smaller than you requested (42mm - 43mm). Also, the Oris TT1 Titan should do (44mm at base but tapers to 42mm at bezel). Hope that helps!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
you beat me to it +1 on the SeaFighter, great value at under $700 new and you can customize the watch to your taste. Sorry about the crappy pic

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have been very impressed with the way these to wear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Don't know how much you want to spend....
I had purposefully left out numbers because I didn't want any options excluded because of price. But since you asked, a new SeaFighter would probably be at the upper end of the budget for this particular purchase.

Now, if Bill could drop the LRRP movement into that case...I'd pony up for that combo in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They just opened their pre-orders by e-mail. You might even be able to pick the number (xxx/300) you want? Good luck...

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Holy Crap. I think we have a Winner! Thanks to all for the advice; no idea there were so many 4 o'clockers out there.
No kidding! My mouth hit the floor when I first saw this watch a few weeks ago. I got in on the pre-order this morning.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
4 o'clock crowns are my favorite for sure!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts