• Apple Watch

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you prefer, just for a little fun, id like to know where you stand with Rolex and Apple Watches, So if you had the choice which would you own ?

Its a tough choice for me and please post any pictures you have.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
I own 4 Rolexes and I wear my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+ only when I go out Running (to trace my Running pace, heart rate, distance, etc).

I can live without my Apple Watch, but not without my mechanical Watches.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ones an extension of my phone that i really appreciate as a tool. The other is a watch. If i was to give up one it would be the AW.

·
7,402 Posts
It's like choosing between an Apple and a very expensive piece of fruit that tastes like the best fruit ever eaten. Love my Apple Watch, but would have to go with the Rolex.

·
Registered
98 Posts
[QUOTE I can live without my Apple Watch, but not without my mechanical Watches.[/QUOTE]

Well said!

I just got my AW a couple weeks ago so Im wearing it on a regular basis. Im not, however, enjoying it as much as I thought I would. That being said, I could live without the AW. I still leaving without a Rolex (hahahahaha) but when the day comes to get myself one, I doubt I will let it go.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very good question, and not a joke to me. I own both.

Lately AW has been the winner for me. Apple Watch is so much lighter and more useful in so many situations. I ask Siri to set timers and alarms, use the chrono, track fitness and workouts, look at my schedule, check and reply to messages, and even get directions on the AW. And depending on what strap you put it on (and the watch face), AW can be very casual or dressier.

I love Rolex. However, I am starting to look for a no-date Rolex, which can be a quicker grab-and-go on the rare occasions when I want to unplug and not wear the AW.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It would have to be both, for me. I love my mechanicals, but struggle to go without the utility of the Apple Watch. Last weekend, I was driving all around for gigs during the really bad weather. My Apple Watch was priceless. Phone calls, texts, navigation, etc., all from the wrist. I had my mechanical watch with me but I just didn’t get a chance to strap it on. The Apple Watch was being too useful.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had both but now I have one. I am still a Watch guy but I won’t elaborate here. There is no getting away from the Apple watches usefulness. I wear my AW on the right and a real watch on the right at all times. Well that or a Fitbit Alta HR. I have issues with purchasing tech so it’s a slippery slope for me. I have another smart watch on the way but the AW will always be the main.

Plus, wearing only a Rolex for a year straight no one noticed once. Even when I GAVE someone the time presenting the dial in their face. Nada. But when I pay for things with the AW. boom! Attention. Not that it matters but it’s a point.

I think I’ll always have an Apple Watch. It’s all about the fitness for me not the always connected. Mine is on airplane mode 99% of the time. If I need the bumps on the wrist I’ll use it but it’s rare.

Old pic.

63CE8E9E-DF8E-4C5D-B526-7368F156EE49.jpeg

·
Registered
686 Posts
It would be both for me although I don’t own a Rolex nor do I plan to do so anytime soon. To me it is a matter of cost vs utility. But I will wear mechanicals during certain situations when I don’t need the fitness tracking on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts