• Black

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I don't like this model

Votes: 9 20.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Please please please. They are not the Eminem special editions. The geezer just wears them. There are plenty of other celebrities who wear G-Shocks; Tinie Tempah, Justin Bieber, Chris Martin, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West. So why has the name stuck to the watches that Eminem wears?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, calling them Em-shocks or associating it with just one person doesn't really do the watch justice - but, it does give it a quick identifying nickname that makes it easy to reference :) I own the white one so partial to it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got my White DW-6900NB-7 that I ordered last week.
A bit disappointed cause I thought it had a black face but it looks like it's more of a mirror face.
The photos are deceiving cause everyone I've seen looks black.
Now I'm really considering sending it back and getting the black one...

·
Registered
885 Posts
....................................white reminds me of my efforts with my 6630b in new clothes..........
.............................. Watch Electronics Technology

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please please please. They are not the Eminem special editions. The geezer just wears them. There are plenty of other celebrities who wear G-Shocks; Tinie Tempah, Justin Bieber, Chris Martin, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West. So why has the name stuck to the watches that Eminem wears?
I am extremely biased but Eminem is far more famous than any of the guys you have referenced, he is a brand in himself and undoubtedly being paid a LOT of money by Casio for that reason, sales of these models must be very healthy at the moment.

G-Shocks are great watches and in the watch world that has been known for some time, doesn't hurt to get them more popular with none watch geeks as well though.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
yeap, to me Em is more well-respected and famous than some others / G-shock.com has a video of Em for this model, this says alots if you like to ask why

i don't like this model because it is too popular to become the norm / LOL / and because is is non-solar

·
Registered
521 Posts
The DW6900MS-1 has been one of my favs long before the Space Bound video. I also give squares equal time with my DW5600MS-1.

·
Banned
73 Posts
i dont really like 6900s but i went with the black one because of the stock photo the op posted. i was never a fan of 6900s but the black one looked pretty nice. if i were to get a 6900 it would be the black one.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I am extremely biased but Eminem is far more famous than any of the guys you have referenced, he is a brand in himself and undoubtedly being paid a LOT of money by Casio for that reason, sales of these models must be very healthy at the moment.

G-Shocks are great watches and in the watch world that has been known for some time, doesn't hurt to get them more popular with none watch geeks as well though.
My point had nothing to do with how famous someone is or who the average Joe has heard of. Please tell me you've heard of a little band called Coldplay, by the way? The watches were not made for or in collaboration with Mr. Mathers, this I'd why they are not called the "Eminem" G-Shocks in my eyes. Is every single watch that Eminem wears going to be called the Eminem?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I doubt if he is paid anything by Casio, he just chooses to wear them. He might choose to wear an entirely different brand next week.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I doubt if he is paid anything by Casio, he just chooses to wear them. He might choose to wear an entirely different brand next week.
I'm with tribe125 on this one I'm afraid. I doubt Casio endorse Eminem in the slightest, and the fact that his video is on Watches - Mens Watches - Digital Watches | Casio - G-Shock only means it is being used as a reference point. By the same token though I'm also sure he doesn't buy his own G-Shocks. His record label would probably cough up the change to keep him in G-Shocks. I doubt they'd do the same if he wanted to start wearing Audemars Piguet timepieces he would probably have to dig in his own pocket. Anyone see Justin Bieber wearing the Dickies x G-Shock? A guy at work told me about it, as he knows I have that watch. That moves Justin up one rung on the ladder in my opinion. He's now on rung number 1.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I always wondered which watch was the "eminem" watch. I did not know he did an official collaboration with G-shock, now I know I was right and he did not do an collab watch, he just wore it in a music video. So I would just like to refer to the watch by its model name, 6900NB-7. I do like that model.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts