WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting an orange/black from REI (just shipped), and I've read all about this battery business. When I get it which version should I hope for?:-s

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not sure if it has any effect on the battery life issue, but my Core came back from repair at Suunto Finland with s/w upgraded to 1.03 from 1.01.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Can we have a definitive list of bug fixes/changes in going from SW 1.0.1 to 1.0.3?

I wonder if MagnumIP can oblige? ;-)

I am considering sending my 1.0.1 Core back because the compass is so flaky, but will hang on if there's little, if anything, improved in this new SW version.

·
Registered
379 Posts
1.03 contains a few small changes and fixes some small bugs from the 1.0.1 version but most users will not notice the difference.

Be aware that in version 1.0.3 if you put the Core into sleep mode all logs will be erased (except locked ones!!)

If you have any specific questions about a bug that you may have found I would be happy to answer them -

eg. Q. "My button tones disappeared"

A. This can be solved by removing and reinserting the battery. It has been fixed in SW 1.0.3, athough this bug is pretty hard to find and it will never happen to 99% of users.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1.03 contains a few small changes and fixes some small bugs from the 1.0.1 version but most users will not notice the difference.

Be aware that in version 1.0.3 if you put the Core into sleep mode all logs will be erased (except locked ones!!)

If you have any specific questions about a bug that you may have found I would be happy to answer them -

eg. Q. "My button tones disappeared"

A. This can be solved by removing and reinserting the battery. It has been fixed in SW 1.0.3, athough this bug is pretty hard to find and it will never happen to 99% of users.

MagnumIP,
It has been posted many times on this forum in regards to battery life issues with the Cores. It was common enough for REI to send them back to Suunto for battery replacement or repair.

My four questions are these:
  1. Was this issue actually caused by faulty batteries? Some people have reported that even after replacing the battery with fresh ones, they still were drained in a couple of weeks.
  2. If it was not a battery issue, was it a software issue?
  3. If it was a battery issue, does the upgrade from 1.01 to 1.03 correct the issue?
  4. Was there a software version 1.02? :think:
Thanks,
LemonChicken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts