WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I'm thinking about buying a Forstner bracelet for my Speedmaster. I was thinking about getting one of the flatlinks, but I've also heard that the president is a really good bracelet too. Which bracelet do you recommend? The old flatlink, new flatlink or president? Ideally, I'd like something similar to a JB champion bracelet that the NASA astronauts wore (not the Kompfit).

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I haven't tried the flatlinks so I cant compare...but they do look really nice.
I do have the president on my FOIS and I love it. Looks great and the fit is amazing, especially with the stretch links (which the flatlinks doesn't have). This is the only metal bracelet that I can wear for days at a time without any discomfort.

I also replaced the clast with an Omega 1162 clasp, which fits perfectly and gives it an OEM look.

Pic of the stretch links.

Reactions: Nokie and ChronoB

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
For spaceflight historical accuracy I wore this for a while, before switching to an Omega NATO.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't tried the flatlinks so I cant compare...but they do look really nice.
I do have the president on my FOIS and I love it. Looks great and the fit is amazing, especially with the stretch links (which the flatlinks doesn't have). This is the only metal bracelet that I can wear for days at a time without any discomfort.

I also replaced the clast with an Omega 1162 clasp, which fits perfectly and gives it an OEM look.

Pic of the stretch links.
Great bracelet! Are the endlinks solid or hollow?

·
Registered
892 Posts
The president is super comfortable (I've got 3 on 3 different Seamasters) and my preference when it comes to Forstners.

The original flat link, if it's still available, comes with the stretch links. I have the contemporary flat link, which I asked the wonderful folks at Forstner to include with the original flat link's stretch links, and they did so free of charge. It looks about the same except being a half mm shorter in thickness, so this is an option if you opt for a flat link.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts