WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
wat about a doctor :-s
as a student doctor, i used to wear a dw-5600e in hospital, is it weird?

somebody please ans me~ i am really care about the opinions of others. :roll:
any suggestion? should i wear my seiko 5 (SNK809K2) ?
In many UK hospitals, wristwatches, ties, rings etc are banned (for staffs) because of the increased risk of infection.
Seriously, do others really care what watch we wear with formal or informal attires? I think a G-shock or anything obviously informal adds a nice ironic touch to formal wear.

·
Registered
546 Posts
mtg-910 or mt-g-900..or any oceanous..hope i spelled correct..good luck

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
None. I always wear a dress watch with formal attire (tux).

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Wear what ever you want.

I went to a wedding tonight. There were about 300 people there and the only one that looked at my watch was me.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
yeah well the general population is dum
If I may be so bold...the above clause is simply astonishing.

I think a G can be worn with formal attire, but the personality and swagger of the wearer must overshadow the contrast between the informality of the watch and the formality of the clothes. Example:

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
If I may be so bold...the above clause is simply astonishing.
It may have been ironic or a typo but the meaning behind it is true. :-d

Till

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi! Having read a thread in this forum which in effect says that most people view a digital watch as childish, I come to wonder what if... what if we for a moment we just accept a digital watch as a wearable item that goes well with formal clothes?

What then do you fellow owners of digital G-shocks think the best model to wear (as in shown out of the sleeve, for male) with formal attire?

I propose the G-2800 (this is a solar model).
Yes, some old-fashioned people would look at a digital watch as childish and cheap. The truth is that we are now at the age of digitization--digital clocks, digital cameras, digital compasses, digital thermometer/altimeter, etc. Let these old-fashioned people fall behind and wonder about the rapid change of things around us. Well, I have worn my DW5000SL many times in all sorts of acassions - formal or non-formal. It is thin enough to slip under my sleeve.;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I definitely don't understand.

This is _MY_ hand and I wear whatever watch _I_ want.
If you have a job in which you have to obey dress code for watches - then change the job. Damn, after studies I worked for twelve years in four different companies - as a senior programmer, software analyst and so on, and I never had even a passing thought about dress codes and "formal attires". I understand that this could POSSIBLY be a subject for a head of the state. Maybe the secretary. But the rest? Who cares???

Yes, some schools of management say that you have to TRAIN the employee, like the dog. Wear suit, even if clients don't see you at all. Wear long, wear black, even in the middle of the summer heat. Wear a tie - it reminds dog collar with leash more than anything else. Ah, the irony of this... :)

If you are a conformist then why buy a g-shock? To secretly wear it in the weekends and when mowing grass in the small pretty suburb home, hoping that no-one will notice? What's the point? Watch is a statement as much, as the timepiece! :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If you are a conformist then why buy a g-shock? To secretly wear it in the weekends and when mowing grass in the small pretty suburb home, hoping that no-one will notice? What's the point?
Ditto.

If you have to create a thread asking which G-Shock is most appropriate with formal attire, it's a great disservice to the brand IMO.

Rule number one: G-Shocks are not for the timid -- or the spineless. ;-)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I definitely don't understand.

This is _MY_ hand and I wear whatever watch _I_ want.
If you have a job in which you have to obey dress code for watches - then change the job. Damn, after studies I worked for twelve years in four different companies - as a senior programmer, software analyst and so on, and I never had even a passing thought about dress codes and "formal attires". I understand that this could POSSIBLY be a subject for a head of the state. Maybe the secretary. But the rest? Who cares???

Yes, some schools of management say that you have to TRAIN the employee, like the dog. Wear suit, even if clients don't see you at all. Wear long, wear black, even in the middle of the summer heat. Wear a tie - it reminds dog collar with leash more than anything else. Ah, the irony of this... :)

If you are a conformist then why buy a g-shock? To secretly wear it in the weekends and when mowing grass in the small pretty suburb home, hoping that no-one will notice? What's the point? Watch is a statement as much, as the timepiece! :)
For information, today Im at work wearing a suit, I look very smart and my boss digs my bumblebee Ga100. Nuff said. I enjoy my job

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Appropriate? 'Goes with'? Making a decision as which watch to wear based upon either fashion or social convention. Why not decide for yourself?

Inevitably any decision you make is the product of your environment & experiences, so will in all probability be either directly conformist, or an attempt to not conform, which isn't really any different. But that shouldn't stop you from giving up and simply wearing what society says you should. Switch off your telescreen when you pick your watch for the day.

NB. Having said that, I'm wearing a stainless steel diver today, which 35 years of conditioning tells me is what a macho, successful man wears :-d

·
Registered
126 Posts
A168WG-9EF is real dressy, i think. :p

My next purchase or Spike Lee DW5000SL-1 (found 59€ deal on new one).

·
Registered
464 Posts
A168WG-9EF is real dressy, i think. :p

My next purchase or Spike Lee DW5000SL-1 (found 59€ deal on new one).

If it was stainless steel I would agree with you. The girl is really nice though! :-d

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
OT: Who is that girl? That's right up my alley. ;)

Till

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's more like it! :-!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts