19,860 Posts
Well, @BikerJeff has Internet with higher speed than mine

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
Reactions: BikerJeff

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
761 Posts
That's good to know, thanks
I've had both models, but both have been sold now. I preferred the crisp display of the G-7900, but the GW had a better designed look to the dial.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The looks and features are also better on the GW-7900B.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don’t.
I have a different opinion.
I wont talk about looks cos that is very personal.
But I disagree with features being better in the GW version. And of course this also depends on the importance we give to certain features.

Of course the gw-7900 is solar and "atomic", and the g-7900 is not, so there you have it, but apart from this, all other features are better in my opinion in the g-7900

moon data: GW has 8 segments, but they change 2 by 2 so it is the same as having 4 (edit: THIS IS NOT CORRECT AS IT IS NOTED SOME POSTS AFTER), and in the G version its is bigger so easier to see. Also GW slower moving from day to day (also I think its easier to see the state of the tide in G versión as it is fixed and not blinking. but this is personal)

Tides: GW gives some more precise information (low high, mid high...) but again slower when scrolling through dates

Stopwatch, no contest here G7900 has 2 stopwatches with 5 seconds count down start in one of them. Both stopwatches have a graphic witness in main screen.
Countdown timer; no contest here either, G version has autorepeat, main time shown during the countdown and also yatch alerts (as well as flash alerts)

Flash alert missing in GW version in general.

Alarms: in G version they can be configured to a day of every month or a precise date. Much more options in general.

World time: same in both cases.... GW version has the chance of changing date info on main screen for dual time, so this is another advantage for the GW.

so in general I prefer G version´s features, cos I am not so thrilled with solar and atomic features of course.

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
If you don't want solar, maybe the G-7700 is a better choice with larger screen and more functions.

Reactions: tregaskin

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
GW-7900B-1

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don’t.
LOL, so now how about that engine in the picture?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts