WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious about the amount of attention our G-Shocks get from the ladies, have any of you experienced this?

Those of us members that go clubbing or pubbing, do we wear them G-Shocks?

I'm sure there are some G-Shock tales to be shared among us...

My short story - Went to visit the French Embassy on business-related matters. My contact there and a few other young ladies were having a discussion with me, after the meeting they happened to glance at my 5600 when I pressed the elevator buttons, and their response was 'hmmgh'. What does that mean? LOL

Thanks!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm curious about the amount of attention our G-Shocks get from the ladies, have any of you experienced this?
Never. Most women don't seem to care about watches in any shape or form, which is odd. They don't even seem to go for the jewellery aspect.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Never. Most women don't seem to care about watches in any shape or form, which is odd. They don't even seem to go for the jewellery aspect.
Maybe women are looking for deeper qualities in men than what watch they tend to wear. Let's give 'em a little more credit. ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Ah... I meant they don't even seem to care about their own watches, if they wear one.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
This was a big hit with a friend of mine who came round once:

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
....I pressed the elevator buttons, and their response was 'hmmgh'. What does that mean? LOL
She was thinking, "It's a woman's job to push the buttons in an elevator. How dare he." :-d

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
In the past few years, I've gotten a grand total of 2 unsolicited comments on any of the watches I own. Neither was from a human I found particularly attractive. Between my G and my divers, I own a couple of big'uns, so I know they are noticeable.

Clearly I need to hang out with a more.... enlightened crowd.... Or somehow become more attractive.
:think::think::think:
Anyone got a line of a looks upgrade?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, I only have three G-Shocks at the moment (an MTG-910 is on back-order at 4-watches.com), but the comments I've gotten from the ladies is they say my MTG-900 is "a big watch" and my GW-500A and GW-1500A have been described as "ugly" or "different"...

:-s

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Well, I only have three G-Shocks at the moment (an MTG-910 is on back-order at 4-watches.com), but the comments I've gotten from the ladies is they say my MTG-900 is "a big watch" and my GW-500A and GW-1500A have been described as "ugly" or "different"...

:-s
When I get a comment like, "Oh, that's big." I usually reply, "That's what all the ladies say." Usually they're talking about my gut or the book I'm currently reading.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Clearly I need to hang out with a more.... enlightened crowd.... Or somehow become more attractive.
:think::think::think:
Steve, I believe you have the same problem as me. I think we must be so attractive that women just don't see as far as our watches. ;-)

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Awww, you chose the watch over the lady, good choice since the watch is tough to find nowadays :-!
Very, very tough to find. Women you can find everywhere. A GL-151-4JF you can't.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I've owned some very expensive watchs, and currently own over a dozen G's. Of all the ones I wear, my wife likes my GW-300A-2V the best (I usually get a comment every time I wear it):

(stock photo)

And she is the only lady I try to impress :-!.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts