WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if this topic has been discussed already but can anybody provide a list of the g-shocks that currently have the new tough movement?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Heck, I thought G's have always had a tough movement. :-d I've beat the crap out of mine for years with little ill effect.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I think amazon.jp had them all - there are only 5 model series that I know of with Tough Movt:

Giez: GS-1200 & GS-1300

MTG: MTG-1500 & MTG-1100

MRG: MRG-8100B

Casio has also added Tough Movt to its recent Oceanus releases and to a couple Lineage models too

Here's a link with all the models :

http://casio.jp/wat/tech/tmvt/product/

·
Registered
54 Posts
What's the tough movement? Is that G-shocks that are analog?
I have a MTG-1000 1a. It says Tough Solar. Would that be a tough movement?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
From Casio USA:

Tough Movement – Auto-Hand location technology automatically checks and adjusts hand positioning at fifty-five minutes after every hour. By employing a LED to detect hand-gear positioning versus internal time counter, the watch can detect any inconsistency and correct itself even if the hands are displaced by magnetic force or shock.

Tough Solar Power – A tiny, solar panel combined with a large-capacity rechargeable battery enables a variety of energy-hungry functions to operate smoothly. The result is an impressive solar timepiece that assures highly accurate and reliable timekeeping and that greatly reduces the need for battery change.

From what I understand, analog watches that are corrected by an atomic receiving system risk the potential for the hands to possibly become out of alignment. If the hands are not aligned the atomic feature would not be useful. Some magnetic force or great shock could knock the hands off a tiny bit, and you might not notice, and worse would be unaware your time was not correct.

With Tough Movt, the watch has a system to check if the hands are not aligned and then automatically corrects them, thus the watch always shows the correct time. There is no need for Tough Movt on digital watches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts