WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a wile ago about having broken my Mudman, and was looking to replace it with another G. I was pretty certain I was going to get the Riseman.

Then I accidently involved my brain in the decision making process...

I found a thread that said that the Riseman was one of the "more delicate" G's. I began looking at the rescue G-7900 but am bothered by the thought of those silly screws falling off. I also became concerned that a lack of mud-proof buttons on both of these might be a problem in, well, muddy environments. I then thought that a good idea might be the Solar (but not atomic) Mudman G-9300. But that doesn't have a front light button, and isn't atomic. Which I wanted. Seems like I can't win!

What I want is a solar atomic mudman with a fifth light button. Apparently this is too much to ask!

So... Is the Riseman really delicate? If I am, for example, in the jungle with the riseman will it get ruined by getting mud in it? I want a watch I can put through everything without ruining it. Perhaps the mudman is best?

How important do people think atomic is on a watch? Honestly without that they aren't the most accurate watches in the world... Because I could afford the non atomic g-9300, which has a compass (and perhaps I'd learn to live without the front light button?).

How can simply choosing a new G make me this worked up!!!???

·
Registered
20,136 Posts
Riseman delicate, seriously ?

·
Registered
20,136 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I posted a wile ago about having broken my Mudman, and was looking to replace it with another G. I was pretty certain I was going to get the Riseman.
How can simply choosing a new G make me this worked up!!!???
I reckon you might as well wait for the new Rangeman at this point.
I love my Atomics. Having that automatic correction becomes an even bigger blessing as your collection grows.

Since it may be a while before you get around to wearing a specific G, by the time you do, it's way out of adjustment and perhaps an entire hour off due to Daylight Savings Time On/Off. That just makes you appreciate the fully automatic self-adjustment of the Atomics that you can grab off the windowsill years later and know that everything is spot-on.

As far as toughness goes, I confess that I'm super bubble puff easy on my watches. I need a G-Shock less than just about anybody, so I don't know which ones are tougher than others.

Ya, I think I'd wait for the Rangeman but that has bezel screws which are prolly fake as well. Don't know if they'll fall out. In the meantime pickup an old GW-300. They're tough and front mounted light button, Solar/Atomic and easy big digits. High practical and they don't start trying to sync until 3:00am which is nice if you tend to be up late.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had no idea that this Rangeman existed. I have now Googled and will wait for that! Looks perfect! I'm not so bothered by the screws (can always be superglued) but considering the backlash that the screws on the G-7900 caused I'd imagine they'll have addressed that issue. Couple of months 'til November will give me the time I need to save up those extra few pennies. Thanks very much folks!!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
What I want is a solar atomic mudman with a fifth light button. Apparently this is too much to ask!
It's only too much to ask if you want to SEE the fifth light button: GW9000A-1 - G-Shock, Mens, Tough, Water Resistant, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

There's a light button underneath the display, right in the normal spot.

Instead of advertising itself with a big glossy "G" that button is covered by the bezel -- just like the other four buttons -- to prevent mud entry.

Solar, atomic, fifth light button, and if you shop around, you can usually find it for about $100 USD: Casio G-Shock Mudman Solar Power Atomic Watch GW9000A-1

...or you can wait for the new Rangeman! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts