WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm currently looking at buying one of the two following watches, but I'm torn between the two. I was hoping you all could give your input on both so it may help me decide on which one to choose. I have not seen either in person, and won't be able to before buying.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I can buy either one for similar prices, so price is not a factor. I like how the white/gold version looks a bit dressier and also the day/date window, but don't like how it doesn't have a continuous second hand. For the second option, I like how it has a continuous seconds hand, and also like the blue chronograph/second hands, but not really feeling the shape of the date window.

If anyone has either watches, could you please provide some input/opinions on them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
While I can't give you any insight into the feel of either piece, the movement, or really much honestly lol, I can say that the Jazzmaster Maestro has been catching my eye for a few months and to me is more appealing aesthetically.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the combination of white and gold just looks stunning...but I love the look of the other option too! lol....confusion confusion:-s:-s

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha I wish! If only I had the budget for both. I am beginning to lean towards the maestro, since its a dark brown strap, and I don't have a watch with a brown strap yet...I wonder how the maestro would look if I added a metal bracelet? Either way, will most likely place an order for one today

·
Registered
329 Posts
You might look up a Carrera Cal. 1887 w/ the rose gold capped numerals on a bracelet to get an idea on the appearance. Which ever you do get make sure you post pictures when it comes in!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Definitely will post up pics! Does anyone else have any thoughts on the two models?? Will most likely place an order later tonight.

The maestro is the bigger of the two, correct?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've never liked maestro. Partly because there is no dedicated second hand (yes, I know I recently posted that you arguably don't need one), partly because at 45mm they are bigger than I like and mostly because I think 12-6 2 register chronos look funny.

I believe that version of the auto chrono is 42mm, but that's my memory.

You mentioned in post #5 being curious about a bracelet. If you think that's the way you want to go it will almost certainly be cheaper to get it from the start, and add a strap later.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I already own a 45mm Tag Heuer Aqauaracer, but that wears small compared to its overall size, so I'm not sure if the maestro would look too big on my wrist or not. I could possibly buy the maestro and test it out on my wrist, if I don't like the size than I could just return it and buy the other version :)

As far as the bracelet, although it will be cheaper to buy it from the get-go, the place I'm buying it from doesn't have it available with bracelet, so I'll have to buy it with a strap first.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I'd go with the light dial as it is more versatile for semi formal wear...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. I agree, the white dial is more versatile, but I'm beginning to edge towards the other option because I just traded for another watch that has a gold colored casing, with brown strap, although the face is black. So the second option is starting to look more enticing since I don't have that color yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Both look great, but I'd go with the first. The second is gorgeous, too... Crap, now I'm lost on what to tell you lol

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both look great, but I'd go with the first. The second is gorgeous, too... Crap, now I'm lost on what to tell you lol
Haha that's the exact position I'm in!
White face, imo
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards the second option now, since I don't have that color yet in a watch. I do already have a white faced Longines, although its not the same white/gold/brown combination, so figured I'd go for the color option I don't have at all.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I took the plunge and placed an order for the second watch! I figured since I don't have any watch in that color dial, plus that specific model being discontinued now (I think), it will be harder to find in the future, so I decided to order the second option.

Can't wait to receive it!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Congrats! Post pics when it arrives! That date window has never looked attractive to me, but your detailed photo really helps me see the appeal of that dial now.

If you end up needed straps or bracelets, I always suggest going directly to Hamilton/SG for best pricing on OEM parts.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice! Love the blue hands. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you order it from?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! I'll definitely post up pics as soon as I get it!

I ordered it from Amazon, but from a third party seller, since they had the best price I could find online.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, I received the watch earlier today (Thursday). Initial impressions are great! The watch looks fantastic! Excellent quality and dial color combination is very unique and spot on! The blue hands are actually darker than what stock pictures show, almost a navy bluish color, but still very noticeable against the dial face. The leather strap is very stiff, probably the stiffest strap I've ever seen on a watch. But I'm sure it will break in once I wear it a few times. Here are some pics (sorry for the low quality, only had my cell phone):

1 - 20 of 26 Posts