WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Victorinox Maverick GS, but with the brushed stainless steel face and the polished stainless steel hands, sometimes it's a little difficult to read quickly. I have never modded a watch before, but I have been thinking about swapping in a different set of hands to make it easier to read the watch (I'm also not a big fan of the quality of the lume on the existing hands, so that could definitely stand to be improved if I swapped in a different set of hands). If you were to choose some new hands for this watch, which ones would you choose and why?

Here's a pic of the watch for reference (stainless steel case, brushed stainless face, black bezel):

IMG_1737_c_sm.JPG

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was thinking that something broader and black outlining white might show up better. Not sure what style, but you could have a look at 10watches.com. There are these:
SwordBlHands.jpg

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,768 Posts
Since those are original hands you might contact someone like Jack at IWW to see if the metal could be painted black. Be careful with wider hands - the dial could get pretty crowded.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Maybe I have weird taste, but I was thinking some "mercedes" style hands?

han4194.jpg

cheers,
Jake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts