WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have in recent time expanded my watch related library and while other companies have a clear cut book about their history I find the Omega related books to be somewhat more difficult to find. A couple of examples to explain my point:

• For IWC you have the "Engineering Time Since 1868",
  • for Breguet you have "Breguet, Watchmakers since 1775",
  • for Zenith you have "Zenith: The Story Of A Watch Manufacture Under A Guiding Star",
  • and lastly for Breitling you have "Breitling: The book"

As soon as you search for Omega books the most common book you'll find are either speedmaster or seamaster specific whereas I want a book containing most or if possible all of Omegas watches and Omegas complete history. The two books that I have found are "A Journey Through Time" and "Omega Saga" both by the same author Marco Richon. Is there anyone with any experience on either or both books that could weigh in on this?

My second question is about the Moonwatch Only book. Obviously with a name like that It contains the the entire Omega space history but does it also contain other speedmaster watches like the Alaska project and Omegas history with the expedition to the North Pole in 1968 with ref. 145.012?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I also like the Omegamania the thematic auction in 2007, it has details on each watch and some really good pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a good book on the history and the overall brand-

OMEGA WATCHES - OMEGA BOOK - Www.WristChronology.com
Thank you very much for the suggestion. While the book looks like an excellent source of information it does seem like it is specifically made for vintage omega watches which is find but doesn't seem to include the history of Omega. I did however, find on that same website the "Omega Saga" book but that cost over 1 000£ so that's out of the picture.

I also like the Omegamania the thematic auction in 2007, it has details on each watch and some really good pictures.
Thank you very much, I took a look at this book and goodness gracious it seems to be staked with information. Not so strange considering it's a catalogue. While it wasn't exactly what I was looking for since it doesn't seem to have the history of Omega it does seem like the perfect catalogue to pair up with a book on Omega. This has given me a lot to think about. Thank you both for your help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts