WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I took delivery of a Daniel JeanRichard round 1681 last week, and in 5 days it has only gained 0.5 seconds.

The other watch in my collection is a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date 8 Days that only gains about 3 seconds in a month.

This performance is almost better than some quartz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
Got to be the Daytona. I’m not big into accuracy and when I remember to correct it ever month or so it’s only out by a few seconds (not sure of the exact figure but it’s not many)

·
Registered
641 Posts
My Rolex GMT Master ii gets around +0.8 seconds/day, which is I believe my most accurate. My Omega Aqua Terra at +1.2 s/day comes in next. The Aqua Terra hasn't been serviced in a while, though, so I bet that could get under a second pretty easily.

The outgoing GMT Master (16700) I recently sold ran 1 second slow (total) over the last 16 day period I timed it. It was probably the most accurate watch I've had during my time collecting.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
...if you want accuracy don't look at mechanicals
Depends on what you are willing to accept as the definition of "accuracy." I'm happy with a Sub (14060M) that hovers around +1 sec/day. Another I rarely wear -- an AEgir CD-2 -- clocks in at +0.5 sec/day.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That would be my Doxa SUB 300 Professional which continues to amaze at well below a second per week. I currently only adjust the time twice a year with the move to and from British Summer Time. Other than that I don't touch it.
It's so accurate and well suited to my wear patterns that it's quite uncanny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
I haven't wound up my Orient M Force Beast in a while so I powered it up at 9:45 this morning and set the time per time.gov. It is now about 9 hours later, the watch has been on its back all this time, and it is about +2 seconds now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi folks.

I took delivery of a Daniel JeanRichard round 1681 last week, and in 5 days it has only gained 0.5 seconds.

The other watch in my collection is a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date 8 Days that only gains about 3 seconds in a month.

This performance is almost better than some quartz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quartz is far more accurate than that, or are you talking about a dollar store quartz watch?

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
My pam 368 gained around 4 seconds over the span of 10 days (fully wound movement gave me 247 hours and 45 minutes of PR)

It went fast towards the end of its PR cycle (the last 24-30 hrs)

For comparison

My GW5000 gained around 2 minutes in a year (got no atomic signal where I live)

·
Registered
76 Posts
My pam 368 gained around 4 seconds over the span of 10 days (fully wound movement gave me 247 hours and 45 minutes of PR)
Amazing, especially for a manual-wind with 10+ days of power reserve.

Mine would be my AP ROO RG44 at +8 seconds over past 30 days. Just got a Deepsea that is pretty spot-on, too. Will have to stage a competition between the two, once I’ve worn the Rolex a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Ive never tested it, but the GS GMT keeps great time over a week

·
Premium Member
7,372 Posts
I never really bother to check to be honest because I am constantly rotating, but I did happen to wear my Sinn 556i for 3 days in a row last week and I noticed it had barely gained one second.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts