WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking to buy a marathon....i want to stick with the quartz model....but not sure if i should pull the trigger on the tsar or wait for the jsar....with the tsar at 41.1mm and the jsar at 46.6mm and not being able to try on the watch first.....not sure which one to get??:think: my wrist is 7-7.25....so not sure if the tsar would be too small or the jsar would be too big...any advice from marathon owners would be great....also if you have any wrist shots...that might help as well....
sj

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
My 7.25 inch wrist with the standard (original) SAR (same case as the TSAR). You be the judge.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,002 Posts
until i have seen the JSAR in person, my impression is that its getting too big

my suggestion is to go with the TSAR, if you are afraid that it might be too small, then you can consider a Seiko 300m Tuna

·
Registered
17 Posts
well my TSAR arrived today. July 2007 edition (It has the US government dial). I have 8 inch wrists and I like the size. It appears smaller than my skx007 but as most have said it wears high due to the thickness of the case. There are some good comparison shots on countycomm's website (TSAR vs JSAR). There were some wrist shots up before of the CSAR (which has the same case as the JSAR) Its a big watch thats for sure. I will try and get some shots up later of my new TSAR.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think its what your used to. I always felt the TSAR was just way too small. I always wanted one (even wore one for a while) but couldnt get used to the smaller size.....My buddy loves his SAR more than any watch he ownes. We both have 7.25 writs, so go figure .....I cant wait for the JSAR and plan on getting one asap ... Whats the latest on those anyway???

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
41 mm is plenty big for my 7.25 wrist.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Large watches are cool and all, but I think the SAR (all sars not the jsar or csar) are a perfect size. they have an understated presence on the wrist, which make them look compact. I wouldent consider a sar "small" in any regard, its just the right size.

After owning various BIg seikos, the sar is just excellent in its proportions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Large watches are cool and all, but I think the SAR (all sars not the jsar or csar) are a perfect size. they have an understated presence on the wrist, which make them look compact. I wouldent consider a sar "small" in any regard, its just the right size.

After owning various BIg seikos, the sar is just excellent in its proportions.
I disagree. I prefer the Monster's size to the SAR, especially the lug to lug length. I really prefer a watch with lugs that wrap around my entire wrist. It helps the watch sit better on the wrist in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I disagree. I prefer the Monster's size to the SAR, especially the lug to lug length. I really prefer a watch with lugs that wrap around my entire wrist. It helps the watch sit better on the wrist in my opinion.

Yes bingo!:) Large and small case size is "not really" the matter. I had a GLYCINE INCURSORE at 44mm case size but it wore bigger than my ex-VIXA(48mm) and Autozilla!:roll: Later I figured out it is the lug to lug that plays the difference, also the INCURSORE is a FLAT watch and at the lugs (54mm) too.

Looking at the lug to lug of the CSAR(thanks to Sean aka yamahaki), the lug to lug is quite big!:think: Since the JSAR uses the same case as the CSAR, I think I will go for the TSAR. I had a SAR and loved it!:-!

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Lol, spend enough time here and the bank acount just disappears!
DW
I'm doing ok for now, I just sold 4 watches and "only" bought 3, so I'm still on top. :-! Though I did bid on a GP Sea Hawk II Pro tonight, but lost the auction. :-( I still need to get me one of those. ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts