WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think it really depends on two things:

1.) What you want in a watch ie. Features like countdown timers, moon/tide graph, etc.

2.) Your personal preference of which G's you think look good.

I think that's a good starting point :)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A good starter watch that's non atomic and non solar is a DW-5600E. It's not expensive, classic G-Shock design and would give you a taste of what G-Shocks are like. If you buy one you'll probably be hooked like I am. Here's mine that I have replaced the standard strap with a composite bracelet.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here's another G you might consider, the DW9052-1B. It's a nice cheap G-Shock and it's a classic that they just put a new paint job on to give it that nice stealthy look :)

Classic - DW9052-1B | Casio - G-Shock
I even considered getting one myself as a nice beater watch.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I can't recommend the G-7900 series highly enough. It's one of those rare G-Shocks that managed to reach an almost perfect balance between design, features, and price in my opinion. I am personally unaffected by negative comments on the fake bezel screws.

Reactions: capt_RENGT

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
This very generalized kind of question isn't going to help you. There's no "first G-Shock" recommendation, really, because there are so many personal factors that go into selecting a G-Shock. You need to familiarize yourself with all of the main G-Shock models first. You should also go visit a store and see them first-hand, trying a few on your wrist. And of course, budget will play a big part in narrowing your choices down.

·
Registered
479 Posts
dw-5600e or glx-5600. Both cheap, glx has more functions and available in more colours.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ease yourself into the madness with a nice DW-6900.
Very G looking and a simple module. And many colors to choose from.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would start with a 6900 or DW9052-1B (my first was a version of this watch). Both represent g-shock in a simple manner.

Give a price range you want to stay in and I think it would help people narrow down some exact choices.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just wanted to echo on the 5600.

You can't go wrong with the classic. I've gone through a few, but I still have one that I won't part ways with.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Some favourites which all make a good 1st G:
- G-7710-1
- G-7900
- G-7800 (dicontinued in most European countries)
- G-8000 (discontinued)
if you like the classic square 5600 type - go look for a DW-5000SL.

regards, Sedi :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I started mine about a month ago with the DW6900KR-8 aka the Krink got hooked and ended up finding a GW3000m-4a an aviation with the orange strap at one of my local dealers. I know both were suppose to be hard to find but just after a few phone calls i had them. The aviation with the tough movement solar and atomic analog display is sorta over the top but i just love this thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts