WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think especially of the Black and the Blue Monsters.

The Blue Monster has a sapphire crystal as does the Limited Edition Yellow Monster (the Yellow Monster also has a cyclops over the date), but the Black and Orange Monsters have Hardlex crystals.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
What are some options for having a sapphire crystal installed in your black or orange monster?
Go to your local reputable watch retailer/servicer and have them replace it. Or ship it to MKII, or IWW.

I'm thinking about doing this for my OM. I called a place here in Denver, and they said they could probably do it while i waited, and it would be @ $50.

·
Registered
679 Posts
What are some options for having a sapphire crystal installed in your black or orange monster?
Personally, I don't find anything wrong with the hardlex crystals on the Seiko Monsters. They're adequate for this type of watch and considering the cost for a basic black or orange Seiko Monster you're actually getting quite a bargain. But, if you want to upgrade to a sapphire crystal then definitely check your local watch repair shops first. If you can't find a watchmaker or reputable jeweller in your area that can do it, there are several sources you can find online; however, you have to consider the cost of mailing the watch plus insurance and the cost of the crystal replacement and return shipping if applicable. Depending on the watch, it may or may not be worth the cost. Also, the price for a sapphire crystal replacement can vary by watch servicer and by the type of watch, but in general expect the prices to start around $50 on up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts