1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Cross-posted from the Public forum:

Folks,

I been thinking which are the new watches/new releases of vintage pieces, that have acrylic / plexiglass crystals?

I will start with:

1. Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox Tribute To Deep Sea Alarm.
2. Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch.
3. Raven Vintage Sub-Homage.
4. ...

Cheers,

G.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
The 35mm Longines Conquest Heritage has a domed acrylic crystal. Truth be told, when it comes to watches currently in production, which have such a crystal, my first thought is the watch you've mentioned- the Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch". If not for knowing there's an ETA 2824 inside, confusing the Conquest Heritage with a vintage watch would be nothing too strange. Two best "reissues" by Longines? The aforementioned Conquest and the Legend Diver (the first version without the date window though).
Still, some "reissues" - which I would rather call "reinterpretations" of vintage watches- have a sapphire crystal, which is still domed as in a vintage piece. Examples of that would be the new Omega Speedmaster '57, and from the very same brand- the De Ville Tresor. Generally, in "heritage" pieces by different brands, a domed sapphire crystal is a better solution- yes, acrylic crystals are a part of the charm of vintage watches, but it's truly annoying how easily they get scratched. Still, as an owner of a few vintage pieces, I couldn't imagine these watches having anything else than an acrylic crystal.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The new Lew & Huey Phantom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts