WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after some watch shopping and research, the three in the picture have caught my eye. You have to really see them in person to appreciate their beauty. My only issue is that I am torn between the 3. I want to get others' opinions in order to help break this tie.

The 3 watches are around the same size in diameter (~41mm). I am looking for something that provides versatility - looks just as good with a suit as with jeans on the weekends. Please no philosophical assertions, and yes, I have tried them on. Any additional insight about the WATCHES is welcomed.

EDIT: Below I have added some additional pictures

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/206/202/786/bell-ross-vintage-126-officer-silver-dial-bff10.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Tough one between the B&M and the Bell & Ross. The IWC's gold hands and stainless case aren't sitting well with me. Its face is quite ugly and usually I don't mind gold + stainless combo.

In the end, I'd probably go with B&M. The dial is gorgeous and I like the open heart design.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
wow this is a tough one. In terms of Brand, in my opinion I'd go with the IWC. Not to mention I think it can be dressed up or down. The most fitting for casual would be the BM or the B&R though. Three really excellent choices in terms of look. I've always wanted a watch similar to that BM (white dial, blued hands). I'm still gonna say I like the IWC best, as I think it is versatile in terms of what you are looking for, and it is a watch brand I really like. In fact, my white-dial blued hands desire, if it continues may lead me to a IWC Portuguese someday if I am financially able in a few (many) years.

Excellent choices, my vote is for IWC, but you can't go wrong. Second choice would be the BM. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My thoughts... Don't care for cut-out dials unless they show something of interest, like say a tourbillon. Normally I'd just say IWC, but that one is not to my tastes, the case and lugs are too Bauhaus, and the chrono pushers are awkward looking. The B&R is the most aesthetically appealing of the bunch to me. I'm assuming it's an ETA 289x modular chrono. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
+1 more for the B&M. I really think that the blue hands and the chrono-less simplicity of the dial make it the cleanest aesthetically, and unless you're pretty close to it, the partial open-heart is subtle in the flesh. 3 excellent choices.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
between these 3, and without suggesting a different color, model, etc. like some previous posters...the B&R looks the best

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I'd have to see the IWC in person. I like everything about it, except the gold. Of those 3, based purely on looks, I'd go with the B&R.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like the blue hands on the BM but I think of the three it's my least favorite watch. Between the IWC and the B&R it's a tough choice because I'm a huge IWC fan but not a big fan of this particular watch however I'm not a big B&R fan but this is my favorite of their watches. I think in the end if I was going to primarily wear it with dressier clothes I would go IWC, if primarily with casual clothes B&R.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,331 Posts
If the hands were changed to blue or black, the IWC would be the best choice for all around wear because it has classic style and a brand name with a long history.

·
Registered
21,045 Posts
I hate the IWC and don't particularly care for the Baume. Take the Bell & Ross.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Definitely IWC, it has a complete chrono with an hour totaliser. The most useful and the best looking.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've tried on the B&M and the open balance makes me dizzy if I stare at it too long. Also, the Classima line is very dressy - not sure how it would look with jean. The IWC seems a bit "off" to me (the very small small seconds subdial, the chrono pushers, the thin lugs). For IWC if you were considering the Pilot Chrono or Spitfire, then I'd pick that.

Process of elimination = Bell & Ross

1 - 20 of 32 Posts