WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Always looking to add to my collection. I owned a Blue Sumo in the past as well as a black dial Pro AQUA 1500. Both should have NOT been sold. Sold them to fund a Darth Tuna. I am looking at the following at three different price points. Zixen watch brand is my current favorite. Prefer 24mm lug spacing to use with my Isofrane and Steinhart rubber.

Black Sumo... Classic lines. Love the size but not a fan of 20mm straps or Bracelets..
Deep Blue Pro Aqua 1500.. Love the new version. Lume is great. Love the day/date but it isn't offered with a black dial.
Helson Turtle Deep set dial lust..
Zixen Nitrox 2 black dial.. Love this one but it's also a lot more pricey.

Thoughts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
If i was you I would go with your favourite which is obviously the Zixen, if it was me I would go for the Zixen too, it's a good looking watch!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love the Sumo.

·
Banned
2,169 Posts
Just because.............

Unidirectional rotating bezel with special sapphire bezel insert, optical grade sapphire crystal, and luminous markers. Water-resistant to 500m,

Case:Antimagnetic; double O-ring, brushed stainless steel, 44mm width, excluding crown, 15 mm in height.

Crystal:Anti-reflective, 4.5 mm domed sapphire.|>|>|>|>
Bezel:Unidirectional, Sapphire insert, with luminous markers|>|>|>|>.
Movement:Swiss made ETA 2824,|>|>|>|> self-winding, hacking second function, 42 hr power reserve.
Bracelet:Stainless Steel Mesh, 24mm |>|>|>|> or, natural rubber professional grade diving strap.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NIce Pic... Thanks so far everyone.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'm surprised the 44mm Zixen Heliox isn't on your radar. If I remember correctly, you have the same size wrist as I do (6.75"), so the Heliox would fit you perfectly. I've owned 5 different Zixens, and the Heliox is my favorite by far, especially on an aftermarket flat mesh bracelet.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love that one too but the others just speak to me more for some reason. The Trimix is so good I thought about just getting another one and being done with it. That one ticks all the boxes.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
My first reaction would be to say Sumo but since 20mm lugs aren't your thing and swapping out the bracelet for a strap leave huge spaces most of time, I'd say go for the Zixen, if not for the simple reason that it's your fav brand.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Always looking to add to my collection. I owned a Blue Sumo in the past as well as a black dial Pro AQUA 1500. Both should have NOT been sold. Sold them to fund a Darth Tuna. I am looking at the following at three different price points. Zixen watch brand is my current favorite. Prefer 24mm lug spacing to use with my Isofrane and Steinhart rubber.

Black Sumo... Classic lines. Love the size but not a fan of 20mm straps or Bracelets..
Deep Blue Pro Aqua 1500.. Love the new version. Lume is great. Love the day/date but it isn't offered with a black dial.
Helson Turtle Deep set dial lust..
Zixen Nitrox 2 black dial.. Love this one but it's also a lot more pricey.

Thoughts
The Zixen is a nice watch but I'll vote Sumo. For the $$ its a steel ... you can get them preowned for ~$450. Pick up a yobokies super oyster bracelet (22mm w 20mm endpieces for the Sumo) and it will take care of your major objection:

(pic from yobokies ... also shows his sm font insert)

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I think the SUMO is the best watch overall, mainly because it's a Seiko and you will never, ever have to worry about reliability or service.

I think the Helson Turtle is the best looking watch.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I say Sumo - I got mine new for 480$ shipped from Japan, it's a bargain for the quality, fear to think of what the price would be here in Greenland if sold locally.
Can't deny it's high quality vs. price.

Like the Zixen though.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I just sold my Sumo.
We never bonded, I just find it bland and boring a bit. Finish on the case is really great though, it's a nice watch. I would go Zixen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like that Zixen, but since I'm not willing to spend that much on a watch yet I'd go with the Deep Blue. I find that lume accent from 0-15 on the bezel to be really neat, and the lack of a black dial doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Looking at what you have in your collection now...I would suggest the Helson, Good looking watch and I don't think you have tried a Helson out yet.

If it was me tho I would go for the new Nitrox. Absolutely love my Nitrox 2 in silver, even tho the bracelet takes my wrist to the limit on what I can wear. My wrist size is 7.5 in. If you can get the mesh with it, it will be good. The watch will look real good on leather and I currently have it on a thicker nato and it is not top heavy imo. It has a nicely done domed crystal. Love the serious crown size and no crwon guards...of course Zixen has great CS!!!

I am somewhat surprised I have never tried the Sumo...but deep inside, it would be flipped for the MM300
I have never been attracted to Deep Blue...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I'd go for the Zixen. I like the Sumo's styling, but lack of sapphire crystal is a deal breaker at that price.
can't agree with you there considering no other watch for $450 has the finishing that the Sumo has, now the marinemaster for 2k is another story

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I have never tried the Sumo...but deep inside, it would be flipped for the MM300
I can confirm that Sumo ownership does not put to rest the lust for the MM300. Thankfully, I now have the MM300.

OP, my vote is Zixen out of the 4 mentioned.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sumo. The "its only 20mm" issue is over blown when you see it live/wear it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts