WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
While I know we have zero tastes that are similar how could you possible claim the Seiko is less formal than the FC? It's called a Cocktail for crying out loud, lol.

As to the question, I think there might be some other FC's in that price range worth looking at. Here I'd be torn between the Seiko and the Tissot and really it would come down to how you dress and how formal as the Tissot is a bit more classic. For me the Tissot's hands just don't work for me but completely a personal issue. The Hamilton with the numbers and indexes along with the date window removing the 3 just makes the dial too cluttered. I don't like that FC....not at all honestly.
Which other FC's do u recommend at this price range?

· Registered
8,142 Posts
Re: which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

Seiko, would be my choice of the presented options.

· Premium Member
24,181 Posts
Re: which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

Of those you posted, my ordering would be:

1. Hamilton
2. Seiko
3. Tissot
4. Frederique Constant

But, in honesty, if it were up to me, I would consider a Tissot Carson Powermatic 80 instead,

or a Frederique Constant FC-303.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Of those you posted, my ordering would be:

1. Hamilton
2. Seiko
3. Tissot
4. Frederique Constant

But, in honesty, if it were up to me, I would consider a Tissot Carson Powermatic 80 instead,

or a Frederique Constant FC-303.

wow that FC looks amazing.. i might have to add that to my list..

· Premium Member
24,181 Posts
How about this fc?

Really simple and nice but not sure if it's beyond what you plan to spend

I like the FC Slimline Moonphase, but it certainly is much more expensive that the current options on the table.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

· Premium Member
24,181 Posts

How does it look on the wrist? It says its only 38mm.... I'm used to wearing 42mm+. it looks bigger in pictures though
The bezel is very thin, so it'll appear bigger on the wrist than a dive watch with a similar diameter, since a big part of how large it seems on the wrist is the dial diameter, as opposed to the case diameter.

· Registered
818 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

· Registered
28,388 Posts

The Seiko Sarb 065 'Cocktail Time' is the most attractive and unique to my eye. However, I would appreciate that watch most as a dressy watch worn in a rotation with other casual watches. If I were only going to own only one watch for all situations, the Hamilton might be the way I would go because of the sapphire crystal and more versatile look in casual situations.

· Registered
211 Posts
The Viewmatic gets my vote as I had one which rode their leather strap (a nice one with a great deployment clasp) and a Tiffany bracelet. I gave the lot to my youngest daughter's boyfriend for his birthday and he seemed to appreciate it. The Hamilton doesn't try to be something it is not which if fine by me. Nothing is worse than a discount interpretation of a classic design. They remind me of a friends kit car Ferrari that was once a Corvair. Sure if you were far enough back and crossed your eyes but once you sat it... Gag!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.