WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
IMO:
Seiko, FC, Tissot and Hammy in that order.
Really nothing wrong with each of these choices. The Seiko is just a good looking simple piece whereas the FC is basically an calendar complication watch at a very reasonable price.

· Registered
16,848 Posts
Seiko just on looks . . .

· Registered
1,654 Posts
which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

wow that FC looks amazing.. i might have to add that to my list..
FC is a respected brand.

I prefer the look of the Hamilton. Next would be the FC.

I know lots are suggesting the Seiko early on, and it looks nice too, but you will see lots of Seikos "in the wild" (granted maybe not that particular model), and that alone would make me choose the Hamilton or FC over the Seiko (and over the Tissot for the same reasons). But you can't really go wrong with any of those choices - you have good aesthetic taste.

Good luck with whatever you end up getting....buying your first nice watch is a treat and a gateway into this silly/fun hobby. Cheers!
The FC-303 would get my top choice as well, should it be added to you option's stable.

· Registered
171 Posts
Re: which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

My pick in order would be:

1. FC-303
2. Tissot
-
3. Seiko
4. FC quartz
5. Hamilton

But yeah be sure to really really understand the difference between quartz and automatic (sweeping hand for example), and if you couldn't care less about that difference, definitely get a quartz watch.

· Registered
2,933 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Re: which of these watches would you buy? (Hamilton vs. Tissot. vs. Seiko vs. Fre...

wow that FC looks amazing.. i might have to add that to my list..
If you put it on your list, that would be my choice. Of the initial four:

1. Tissot -- shouldn't be too surprising, given its similarity to the FC 303. Though the 303 does everything in a bit more-understated fashion.

2. Hamilton. Light hands on light dial would be annoying but I could deal. I find Roman numerals to be dressier than this model's Arabic.

3. Seiko. I'm not as big a fan of the dial's pattern as are others here.

4. FC CBT. I'm not a fan of subdials to show day/date, though the FC Wahlaoeh posted incorporates the date subdial with the moonphase. Plus mixing dashes and numerals strikes me as out-of-place with Roman numerals. Plus using "IV" instead of "IIII" at the 4 would bug me.

· Registered
1,840 Posts
Cocktail Time for sure! I am biased because I own one. In my rotation of much more relatively expensive watches, it doesn't get nearly the wrist time. However, when I wear it, I enjoy it just a much or sometimes more then the others. Besides I'm not a huge fan of Romans. And Arabic numerals on a dressy watch seems wrong.

· Registered
4,737 Posts
Cocktail Time for sure! I am biased because I own one. In my rotation of much more relatively expensive watches, it doesn't get nearly the wrist time. However, when I wear it, I enjoy it just a much or sometimes more then the others. Besides I'm not a huge fan of Romans. And Arabic numerals on a dressy watch seems wrong.
Why does everyone say they are bias about watches they opened their wallet and paid for? Seems you're one who put his money where is mouth was!

· Registered
13,685 Posts
Tissot, Hamilton, FC, then Seiko.

I'm much more partial to dress watches though (FC notwithstanding with its moonphase), so consider that if you're crazy enough to look at my opinion.

· Registered
7,098 Posts
Cocktail Time for sure, as I have one and it is beautiful, though big.
Then the FC, third rank to Hamilton and then the Tissot.

· Registered
3,943 Posts
The Seiko is anything but elegant. Garish, maybe.
I think this is most likely a minority opinion. I think the cocktail time is a stunner. I would own one if it had a sapphire. The domed hardlex is probably pretty easy to scratch, though owners of it could probably comment on that better than I can.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike_Dowling
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.