WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
38,851 Posts
My Jupiter Pilot which my paents gave me 22 years ago on my bday when I came back home after 3 months of hospital and full time physicla rehab centers

and my gd pa's old Seamster Chrono 1040 being put back in working condition by Illinois Watch co

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
My Tag 1000 I got on my honeymoon 24 years ago. It has become even more precious to me since my wife suddenly passed away 2 months ago.

Bob

·
Registered
260 Posts
Among all the Rolexes, Tags and Breitlings, I present you this Raketa :D

My grandad got it for 30 years of work. When he died I was not yet interested in watches but fortunately no one got rid of it until I discovered it in a drawer. Now it is my most priced watch.
NOS condition (the spot on the crystal is just dirt) complete with original box and papers (even warranty card:). Just the band is visibly used.

(200th post, wheeee, glad it was this one)

·
Registered
397 Posts
My 1982 Seiko 5. My mom gave it to me about 10 years ago and it's my first real watch. She bought it new for herself, and later my dad used it quite a bit in the 90s. I wore this throughout high school and college, and I'm wearing it right now! When I wear a watch, it's usually this one.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have two prized watches: a gold hamilton that was my father's bar mitzvah present, and my grandfather's '52 Omega Constellation. One of the things I really value about watches is the idea that I can pass them on. One day one of my sons will be wearing that Omega on a date or to a job interview.

·
Banned
31 Posts
In 1972 I bought a Rolex Date (now DateJust) for $325 at Bucherer in Geneva. I never took it off my wrist. Last month, I had a home invasion/armed robbery and my Rolex was stolen. I can not show a pic of it as it is gone forvever. The replacement cost today (just stainless steel) is a ridiculous $4700. For obvious reasons, it is my most sentimental watch. I will NOT be replacing it at that cost.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
The first present the woman who became my wife ever gave me: A Seiko Arctura Kinetic circa 1993 or so. Wore it for years, and I will never discard it (and I'd love to replace the worn-out capacitor if I could just find someone to do it).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts