WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still debating between the PO:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-specialities-olympic-games-collection-52232442103001/

and AT:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-specialities-olympic-games-collection-52210422103001/

Have not been able to find in AD to look in person. But did try out the most similar POs and ATs I could find.

- Sizewise, not much there. Both wore pretty well and comfortably. Thickness of PO didn't bother me too much.
- I much prefer the look and presentation of the PO version. The colors reflect the host country's colors, so seems like there was more "effort" put into the presentation. Also like it comes with an extra SS bracelet and tools. But pricing is higher to reflect. On chitownwatch I'm seeing it's $1700 more.
- I suspect the AT will be easier to live with and wear on a permanent basis. I wouldn't have an issue wearing it with a suit, even with the colorful lettering on the bezel, as it seems pretty subtle. But even with a more liberal approach to "dress watch", I couldn't do the PO version with a suit. It's just too big/thick and too colorful. I think initially the PO will be more striking and I will like it more, but over time I may get tired of it. At least that's what I suspect. Basically what I mean is I think I can find more opportunity to wear the AT going forwards.

My daily wearer is a 16610 Sub, FWIW.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Is there a reason you want them? I find both of their styles offputting

·
Premium Member
71,508 Posts
If you’ve already decided that you can’t wear the PO with a suit this suggests to make that you’d be happier with the AT.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally, I don't like that Planet Ocean much at all. I think it looks far too juvenile for a $7000 watch. The Aqua Terra is alright... it's more or less just a normal Aqua Terra with some colorful text. They both seem to me like they're aimed at the Korean market, which is a bit more accepting of more flamboyant styles.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I don't like that Planet Ocean much at all. I think it looks far too juvenile for a $7000 watch. The Aqua Terra is alright... it's more or less just a normal Aqua Terra with some colorful text. They both seem to me like they're aimed at the Korean market, which is a bit more accepting of more flamboyant styles.
Yes. Too bad I can't find one to look at in person. But that's what I do fear about the PO version, it'll look cool and flashy for a couple of months then I'll tire of it.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I saw the AT on the boutique and looked pretty much like the regular version; you have to looke closely to realize has the different markers. Looked nice but would not pay a premium for it over the regular version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree. The PO hands look cartoonish on such a nicely-finished case. I have never understood all the fuss over POs (and the overcomplicated movement), especially given the price, but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Since u have a sub already I'd opt for the AT. But the po is really nice also. Long term if you get tired of the LE look on the po you could just swap the bezel out and switch to a traditional strap.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I agree. The PO hands look cartoonish on such a nicely-finished case. I have never understood all the fuss over POs (and the overcomplicated movement), especially given the price, but to each his own.
The hands are perfect for the po but to each his own. It has the same movement also that the AT does nothing over complicated about it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can't say I'm a big fan of either, but the AT seems a little classier and easier to live with of the two.

But if you like the colours and want it a little more outlandish, the PO might be the one. Would look better on a strap or a bracelet I imagine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not a fan of either. The color and style is strange.. but if I had to pick, I'd go with the AT. It's a bit more refined and not so "out there"...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts