WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We have a dilemna on our hands and I need some assistance. A local AD has both of these pieces available --one of each.

I have tried both on and ..Man they both are so fine !!! :)

So please some assistance here ...

Electric Blue 2255.80 Or the Classic 2254.50 ? I know both are discontinued so that is making the decision even more difficult ...

Can only afford one or else I would of pulled the trigger on both. I have left a deposit to hold both ..but I have to decide which one by Saturday.

Only have one other Omega and that is the 2599.80 Chrono

All your assistance will be greatlly appreciated ..and will weigh heavily on which one to purchase.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I always hate to project my opinions on others, but since you asked...and accepting that I think you cannot go wrong here...I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd go with the 2254.50. Yes, I know the electric blue dial is quite different than the Bond dial on your 2599.80, but to me the black is a timeless classic and a more distinct from the one Omega that you already have.

But that being said, if you come back to us on Saturday and say you went with the 2255.80, I'll be the first to congratulate you on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just picked the 2254 so would have to say that would be my first choice. I love it.

Flip a coin and see if your heart tells you something while it is in the air. It is not important to see which way it lands only the way you wanted it to.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
2254 for me. I find blue dials too limiting with shirt choices. Unless you have Moose yellow or pink shirts, you'll get more use out of the black.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,

Looks like I will be leaning towards the classical 2254.50 --It only makes sense I have been classifies as a classical dresser ...navy suits-greys etc etc.

So I think it will complement the image .... A BIG THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Flip a coin and see if your heart tells you something while it is in the air. It is not important to see which way it lands only the way you wanted it to.
Wow that is one of the most beautiful and honest statements I have read in a long time. Very wise! |>

You need to put that on an inspirational beach scene or something.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Written about ad nauseam, the 2254.50 is a universally-acknowledged classic possessing a timeless style. Consequently, it will always be regarded with admiration for its pedigreed design and with affection for its sharp look. The "electric blue" 2255.80 is appealing, as well, but for very different reasons: it is eye-catching, flashy, and light-hearted. Its bezel is polished, the dial iridescent and shimmering. It correspondingly evokes more vivid emotions for its owner, cyclic and wavering. The 2254.50 gives rise to a quieter, more even emotional response. Could one therefore come to outgrow the 2255, eroded by a vague and pernicious creep of sheepishness?

Go with the style that best compliments your comportment.

Best Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
In April of last year, I spotted this one in the dealer's case and it made me smile:

Then at Christmas, a good friend surprised me with this:

The blue is my favorite and gets the most wrist time but if I could only have one it would be the black because of its versatility.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
606 Posts
In April of last year, I spotted this one in the dealer's case and it made me smile:

Then at Christmas, a good friend surprised me with this:

The blue is my favorite and gets the most wrist time but if I could only have one it would be the black because of its versatility.

Fr. John+
I'd operate similarly: I'd purchase them both. However, if I could only have one, it would be black for me, as well.

...BTW, I'll never tire of that fantastic photo of your "electric blue". Color me envious!

Best Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks scalpel,

I am calling tomorrow and going for the black

Cheers and thanks everyone .. will be posting pics

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Written about ad nauseam, the 2254.50 is a universally-acknowledged classic possessing a timeless style. Consequently, it will always be regarded with admiration for its pedigreed design and with affection for its sharp look. The "electric blue" 2255.80 is appealing, as well, but for very different reasons: it is eye-catching, flashy, and light-hearted. Its bezel is polished, the dial iridescent and shimmering. It correspondingly evokes more vivid emotions for its owner, cyclic and wavering. The 2254.50 gives rise to a quieter, more even emotional response. Could one therefore come to outgrow the 2255, eroded by a vague and pernicious creep of sheepishness?

Go with the style that best compliments your comportment.

Best Regards,
Jeremy
Uh ... cycle waving ? .... creeping sheep? ... Doc, I don't know what the hell you just said, but it sounded good. I think the Doc means go with the black one ... it's more better. ;-) - David

·
Registered
606 Posts
Uh ... cycle waving ? .... creeping sheep? ... Doc, I don't know what the hell you just said, but it sounded good. I think the Doc means go with the black one ... it's more better. ;-) - David
heheh...since you've put it that way, yes--go with the black one.;-)

Best Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
128 Posts
At the risk of angering someone, to me the electric blue has always looked a bit...umm...cheaper than the 2254 or especially the Bond. It almost looks like a bad fake. So...I'd get the 2254. haha.

Sorry, no offense meant to anyone!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
No, NO, NO!!!

Get the Electric Blue!

Why settle for yet another black dialed watch? 99% of watches are black, whereas, the Electric Blue is UNIQUE!!!!! I dare you to find someone else with that one!

Get that blue beauty dude!

Reactions: gra1lhunt20

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, NO, NO!!!

Get the Electric Blue!

Why settle for yet another black dialed watch? 99% of watches are black, whereas, the Electric Blue is UNIQUE!!!!! I dare you to find someone else with that one!

Get that blue beauty dude!
Hi, this is my first post to Watchuseek.

I read this thread with interest as I have the 2255.80 electric blue SMP. I've been very happy with the watch. I chose it because of the electric blue face and the polished bezel. The face looks brilliant in sunlight and unquestionably has a certain "blingy" appeal. This mightn't appeal to everyone of course, but I smile everytime I catch the reflections. The 2254.50 is also a classic; no doubt. I'm sure either choice would provide plenty of enjoyment.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts