WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have an opportunity to buy a promaster tough royal marine gmt - the person is up front and says that the body is scratched (as I can see in the photos), but the Crystal is clear. Given that these are harder to find is it worth buying this or one of the new promaster GMT’s? The Royal marine one is titanium and has sapphire crystal, the other one doesn't. Royal marine on for £175 and the other one for £210 - thanks! Alan

·
Premium Member
38,791 Posts
IMHO, new is almost always better. But it is YOUR decision, so get the one that most appeals to you and enjoy it!

Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
IMHO, new is almost always better. But it is YOUR decision, so get the one that most appeals to you and enjoy it!

Good luck.
I agree, unless the used watch is a grail or you really like it better than the new watch, I prefer to purchase the new watch and add my own "scars" to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - appreciate it. I suppose I love the gmt function and I love the promaster tough - the first one gives me both - but I suppose I could by the second one and at some point but a promaster touch without the gmt function

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Personal preferences of course, but I would not buy someone else's beater, I know from experience that I would never be really satisfied with it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I really like my ProMaster Tough (BN021702E), picked it up used for $200, not a mark on it, they really are tough.

·
Premium Member
9,632 Posts
I would take the new one over the old one. I find the numbering on the old one just a little too distracting.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
For me I’d pick titanium over steel every day, but clearly there are considerations as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts