WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!!! I'm looking a new watch to buy and I stuck in these two watches: Laco Squad Quartz - GERMAN MADE and LUMINOX 3081 BLACKOUT Quartz - SWISS MADE.
I know that these two watches have Quartz movement, but I really don't care about it, just my opinion.
I Want them for every-day use. The Luminox has tritium gas tubes on it, that can easily be read in night and has the Chronograph, that I don't care too much because I don't use it, but it's good to have. The Laco attracts me because of the story behind the brand, as WWII watchmaking , and obviously the unique looking of the watch, I've never seen any watch like that before.
Both prices are almost the same.
So I just want your oppinion about wich one of these pieces do you prefer. Just it.
Here are some pictures: (sorry for any english mistakes, I don't speak english very well :) )

Luminox 3081 Blackout. :
3081.bo_80-_.jpg 3081-bo-1.jpg 3081bo-main2.jpg

Laco Squad:
Laco_Squad_watch_4ebbb2746010b.jpg lacowrist.jpg img_5_22032012125658squadd.jpg.JPG img_10_22032012125658squadi.jpg.JPG

Post your comment please :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I would go with the Luminox over the Laco. I think that Laco is ugly. Sorry if I am being honest. Luminox makes a solid watch. Not as solid as they used to be... However I am wearing a 3603 titanium that is 12 years old as I write this. This is one of 5 I have owned.... I am not sure what their quality standards are now that Mondaine bought them, but I will tell you, they are a decent workhorse for the money. I am not so happy with the polycarbonate cases they are using in a lot of their watches now, but that is just me.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like "Night-ops" watches, and I love the idea of tritium tubes .Although they have a half life of ~12 years, so you need to get the dial replaced every 18 years or so....depending on your age and health, you may never need to replace it ;).

ALOT of watch companies made watches during wars... and they never shut up about it-soldiers need to know what time, they all wear watches in every war since the inception of portable timekeeping.
The Laco strap seems hard to replace-I don't like that. But the lug at the side won't get caught on stuff as easily, so that's nice.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't own either so my opinion is based purely on the looks and my vote goes for Laco. Unique styling and much cleaner dial compared to Luminox. Actually I have considered to buy the Squad for my grab and go quartz watch.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Buy the one you like the most. If you cannot decide between the two, then buy both.

Relying on someone else's opinion on what you like is always going to be the wrong choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts