WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Vacheron Constantin Mercator 43050, IWC IW5445-04, SMPO 600M XL, Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa XL...
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my CK2998 Pulsometer, its a numbered watch, very well made, the cal. 1861 is buttery smooth, wind action is to die for... still, to me this is the most boring looking watch from my collection. This Speedmaster is to my eyes what plain water is to the taste buds.

I'd like to see if any of you have something like that in the rotation.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

·
Registered
Vacheron Constantin Mercator 43050, IWC IW5445-04, SMPO 600M XL, Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa XL...
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
18,178 Posts
Here's my CK2998 Pulsometer, its a numbered watch, very well made, the cal. 1861 is buttery smooth, wind action is to die for... still, to me this is the most boring looking watch from my collection. This Speedmaster is to my eyes what plain water is to the taste buds.

View attachment 16126557
If your most boring is a 3 register chrono please do share the rest!

For me? Probably this one. Very boring, but I sought one for a few years before buying

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Wrist

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Probably this Nomos. Certainly appears very simple. Important to me because it opened up my mind to hand wind movement and dress watches. Prior to this purchase, it was divers and heavy watches. Nice to have a super light and comfortable watch on that you forget is there. Sometimes anyway!
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Grey

·
Premium Member
2,121 Posts
Most people might think my watches are boring. That’s okay because I like them. I don’t have any boring watches to post. Vance.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

View attachment 16126557
It's not boring. In the same way as a model T ford wouldn't be boring. But it's not a vintage watch among watches. It's a superbly attractive modern understated watch.

·
Registered
10,701 Posts
The OPs Omega is the least boring watch on the thread - how strange to think it boring

For me, my most 'boring' is probably this Christopher Ward W10 - based on UK military patent design watch from 1950s-70's - COSC, 3 hander, no date, railroad tracks - simple clean pure design - boring to some I guess

it was a surprise present from an old friend and means the world to me

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Gesture

·
Registered
822 Posts

View attachment 16126557
WHAATTT?? The pulsometer speedmaster is NOT boring. Let's see your other watches/

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Safe to say that the black-dialed, three-hander is more boring than the asymmetric moonphase.
Watch Analog watch White Silver Rectangle

Then again, the bracelet is anything BUT boring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The CK2998 was my first watch, back when I was just starting to learn about watches at the time, and is still one of my favorites. I ended up putting it on the racing bracelt, I"ll add a pic later.

I actually went to the Rolex boutique two stores down first to buy the proverbial Sub as a huge Bond fan. I was actually surprised at the time when the store only had women's watches in stock. After visiting 5 or 6 other Rolex boutiques while traveling about and encountering the same old gold or women's only watches on display, and tales of how they only sale their watches to "loyal customers first", I eventually ended up at Omega and soon as I saw the CK2998 I knew it was the one! Also ended up with a Titanium PO shortly afterward.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts