WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specs are similar enough. Can only get one- which do you think that I should get? Black only. Daily wearer for everything from swim suit to business suit.

a2.JPG
obris.jpg

·
Registered
706 Posts
From a purely aesthetic perspective considering an office environment is in play in the scenario, I would say the A2. I think it has a cleaner face and bezel plus the addition of the date window which I like while working.

Reactions: Darwin

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just from aesthetics, I would go for the A2

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I like the Orbis...but only if it had a date, so I would pick the Armida. Great company too..

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
For me the Armida is just another in a multitude of Sub clones, whilst the OM Explorer is a more individual and contemporary design (cue posts of similar looking watches); so it depends what you're looking for, vintage or modern.

I'd go with the OM, but I'm biased as I've just ordered the Explorer in blue, and I've already got some Sub style watches.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I like the Explorer.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
For me it would be the OM. The A2 is too much "homage" for my liking. I have owned both OM and Armida previously so I think you'll be happy with either. You just need to pick the one that you desire the most. If you are into homages go with the A1. If you want something a little bit more unique go with the OM. Also, if you must have a date function then the A2 is the obvious choice.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Both watches offer a lot of value, but the Obris Morgan looks less homage/cookie cutter, while the A2 has a lumed bezel and date function, but the Obris Morgan is $170 less than the A2 and that's a huge advantage.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A-2 without question!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I like both, and I think both will be satisfactory choices.

But I would get the Explorer for its originality and value.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Having handled neither, I would say the Obris Morgan because I prefer the cleaner stark dial, the more legible hands, and the fact it has a style all its own instead of one owing a lot to the Rolex Submariner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would go with the OM for the various reasons already mentioned. More original, the value. Though I must admit I want a Armida A3 myself!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts