Choices for late 2021 watch

• Rolex Milgauss

• Habring² Foudroyante-Felix

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about the next watch, after the next incoming in September. Which one would you choose between these two? My thoughts on both of them are mentioned. Not the usual big brand competitors here.

Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue: The only Rolex I am really interested in, been my "end game" watch, I might stop getting any more after this - or at least retire for a significant time. Iconic and colourful, complements other colors in my collection now. Only dislike is the "old" movement, and value for money porposition - it is $1-1.5K more than the other one, if got at MSRP.

Habring² Foudroyante-Felix: I am partial to smaller / independents than mainstream brands. For lesser money than time-only Rolex, this one has a Foudroyante - which is a stark contrast to my 1 and 2-hander watches, a dead beat seconds and manual winding. Good set of complications for the money. Salmon dial is a "current" crush for me, might change later to black / white. Only dislike is the long wait time, but thats not in my control.

Pics from internet:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I JUST got the z-blue Milgauss. It was the first Rolex I actually wanted and pursued. It exceeds my very high expectations. Great watch. It would be perfect if it had AR coating on the underside of the crystal.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,300 Posts
That Habring is brilliant! Do it!! I recently acquired a 2nd salmon dial watch (not Habring level though), and I am glad I did. The Habring appears to be a bit more copper tone than many "salmon", which will likely dazzle in good light!

:edit: I am also partial to small seconds dials, and Habring does them well

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Habring. Wayyyyyy more interesting and I really love the milgauss. Prices are just so goofy right now. I think I'm the only one who actually thinks the Rolex thing will chill out. Feels like buying real estate in 2007.
I was lucky enough to get it at MSRP. I wouldn't have paid GM prices for it, and it doesn't matter to me if the the GM prices drop cause I am keeping it.

Anyway, I like how it feels on the wrist. I like the bracelet with the microadjust. I like how the light plays with it. I think I've shown I'm not a Rolex fanboy, but I LOVE this piece.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I'll say Habring just because the Milgauss appears to be enormous. If you can stomach the size, this is one of the rare instances I'd actually pick the Rolex. That dial is fantastic.

btw have you by any chance reached out and asked an instagram user about his Foudroyant Felix? Because I saw this post a few hours ago....

http://instagr.am/p/CRipS2xrSTA/
Oh, and as I considered doing and the owner above also did, get the blued hands. Makes a huge difference, for the better.

Reactions: iddaka

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
They are such different watches relative to use case, it would depend on what else is in the collection that would drive my decision.

If forced to choose on sheer beauty alone, the Habring in a nanosecond for me, however, it falls squarely into the dressy watch category while the Rolex is a GADA/sporty example.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
They are such different watches relative to use case, it would depend on what else is in the collection that would drive my decision.

If forced to choose on sheer beauty alone, the Habring in a nanosecond for me, however, it falls squarely into the dressy watch category while the Rolex is a GADA/sporty example.
^^ Pretty much this.

Reactions: GP7742 and iddaka

·
Registered
63 Posts
Habring all the way. It's much more interesting and carries a lot of cool complications you don't see much at this price level. Subjectively, it also looks a million times better than the Rolex.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll say Habring just because the Milgauss appears to be enormous. If you can stomach the size, this is one of the rare instances I'd actually pick the Rolex. That dial is fantastic.

btw have you by any chance reached out and asked an instagram user about his Foudroyant Felix? Because I saw this post a few hours ago....

http://instagr.am/p/CRipS2xrSTA/
Oh, and as I considered doing and the owner above also did, get the blued hands. Makes a huge difference, for the better.
Have to check that out on IG!!
I did ask Maria about getting blue hands but I thought the steel / white indices might not go well with it - changing indices is not an option.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Don't worry about the movement. I'm convinced it's one of the best out there. It's also the smoothest winding of any Rolex I've ever owned. Get in on it now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
...The only Rolex I am really interested in, been my "end game" watch, I might stop getting any more after this...
Does this not answer your own question?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That Habring looks stunning! Just watched a video of the complications - would be my choice for sure. But you mentioned that the Milgauss is what you are looking for; won't you regret passing it up?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That Habring looks stunning! Just watched a video of the complications - would be my choice for sure. But you mentioned that the Milgauss is what you are looking for; won't you regret passing it up?
It would probably get pushed out a couple of years

·
Premium Member
38,811 Posts
Handing gets my vote too. Not something you see everywhere.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts