WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently discovered this Brand - while looking at Seagull Watches.

They are beautiful looking watches , and seem to get great reviews.

cant decide if i would go with Moon phase, or the open heart dial, be nice to have the power reserve on the dial

lots of Models to choose from.....have been looking on ............com

which is your favourite??

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I have 2 from my early days as a watch nerd. The Portuguese homage and -less often seen - an Ingenieur homage.
They are ok but frankly it is better to spend at the Japanese brands for a good quality that will last at a similar price

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,413 Posts
I have 2 from my early days as a watch nerd. The Portuguese homage and -less often seen - an Ingenieur homage.
They are ok but frankly it is better to spend at the Japanese brands for a good quality that will last at a similar price
To be fair, Mr Mash expressed interest in those Parnis models that featured open heart, moon phase or power reserve. Can you suggest a Japanese watch of comparable price with moonphase or a proper open heart (not just a cut in the dial and main plate)? A Japanese power reserve watch is available from about $190.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
To be fair, Mr Mash expressed interest in those Parnis models that featured open heart, moon phase or power reserve. Can you suggest a Japanese watch of comparable price with moonphase or a proper open heart (not just a cut in the dial and main plate)? A Japanese power reserve watch is available from about $190.
Point taken. Still for general reliability and finish I would rather add an Orient like these rather than another Parnis with dubious qc.

Or (not a real moonphase, I know)

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,413 Posts
Does Orient even do a real moonphase? The extra features in an affordable watch is one of the things that bring people to Chinese mechanical watches.

·
Registered
31,988 Posts
Do you have pics of the watches you're after.

Im a fan of Parnis, you get a fairly decent watch for the price, even if the finishing is crude, they work quite well!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have pics of the watches you're after.

Im a fan of Parnis, you get a fairly decent watch for the price, even if the finishing is crude, they work quite well!
Why is the finishing crude?
They look lovely in the video reviews I have seen

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,988 Posts
Why is the finishing crude?
They look lovely in the video reviews I have seen

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Sharp edges on some of them; it's something you don't see in the videos. I own two Parnis, one is nicely finished but the other is a bit sharp on the edges. Not a deal breaker by any means. The one with the sharp edges was actually the one I bought first but still went back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts