WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
39.5mm PO on 7 inch wrist. Thickness is 14.1mm if I remember correctly. I wear this watch everyday, it is supremely balanced and comfortable. The tool-less micro adjust is a great feature, the whole watch feels refined and well-designed.

The 43.5mm version felt too tall for my liking, but I suggest you try both if possible.

·
Registered
36,621 Posts
They are a large watch and wear large, so I would say go for the small case, and make sure you try it on first.

As you mentioned the BB58, have you written it off completely? As it wears so well with its slim 39mil case.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't think getting a BB58 will prove much of a problem. The black and the blue are becoming easier to obtain now

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
Which PO? Well, for the slimmer wrist, it's got to be the PO in 39.5mm size. If you're looking for something that little bit extra special, how about one of these?
Pictured on my slim, 17cm wrist.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies everyone. As much as I would like to try one on the nearest AD to me is almost 2 hours. Which is also why I have had zero luck with a submariner. The PO appears much "blingier" in the pictures ya'll have posted. Have me rethinking the PO now :unsure:😁. If I do pick one up will most definitely be the 39.5. Tall case sizes don't bother much like a long L2L. I hate when it over hangs my wrist.

Why can't Tudor make a 40mm Pelagos?
Its worth the 2 hour trip to try out a watch you'll be spending $5000 on.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Its worth the 2 hour trip to try out a watch you'll be spending $5000 on.
Exactly… I drove 2hrs just to go see my AD and have my 3861 sized (he didn’t take enough links out). It’s always good to stop in anyways and checkout other watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
here is pelagos vs 43.5mm po on a 7” wrist. I ended up going with the pelagos since there is no 42 anymore in PO. The 39.5 was too tall for the case size.

If the pelagos was too big, I’d recommend the black bay 58 or 39.5 PO. Ormaybe older 42mm since those wear smaller than the case size.

View attachment 16153395
View attachment 16153396
Maybe its just my eyes or the camera angle but that Pelagos looks bigger on your wrist than the PO.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the deep black and with shorter and downturned lugs, it wears great. It is thick but doesn’t wear ‘big’ but agree with others, for the expense you’re willing to make, it’s worth it to go to an AD or boutique and try them on, less chance of buyers remorse. Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

·
Premium Member
Model citizen, zero disicpline
133 Posts
I have 6.75" wrists and while the 39.5 PO was good fit for me I felt it was too tall relative to the diameter and lug length- it seemed "squatty" if that makes sense. I ended up with a 42mm SMP and love it. YMMV of course!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have 6.75" wrists and while the 39.5 PO was good fit for me I felt it was too tall relative to the diameter and lug length- it seemed "squatty" if that makes sense. I ended up with a 42mm SMP and love it. YMMV of course!
I agree. Same size wrist here. I think the thickness is more proportional on the 43.5mm and 45.5mm Planet Oceans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
BB58 may be the best fit for you. It evokes a pre-ceramic vintage Sub. It is relatively thin and well proportioned compared to the current Tudor and Omega divers. However it has no date and it’s more brushed and far less blingy than a PO.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
U need to find another AD. I'm also on the waitlist for the new ExpII (black dial) and AD's guesstimate is around x-mas (3-6 months wait). I'm waiting since Aug.
Have patience. U may buy a PO now and then in 6 months, you'll be back at the AD again wishing for the Rolex...and by that time, if you had waited, you'd have the watch.

Put it this way...u can buy any Omega off WatchRecon for retail (under retail) any day but you can't buy a SS Rolex in the current market without paying 40%-100% marked up prices. If I were ya, I'd just buy a cheap Seiko diver,etc (or under $1k) to get that 'new watch' vibe but wait out the Rolex (or find a better AD).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreeing here - I have the 43.5mm and a 6.75 in wrist (although shape also matters here for sure). The shorter lug-to-lug and female endlinks help it wear nicely across wrist sizes, but regardless all PO's are gonna wear big (especially given the case thickness).

But make sure you try them on at an AD and are happy with the way they look on you. Also be sure to check if they have a full length mirror you can use - the third-person view of how the watch looks on you is often pretty different from how it looks just staring at your own wrist

21 - 39 of 39 Posts