WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have to go with Bremont. Very young company but they seem to tick all the right boxes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
patek & JLC

Reactions: GaryF and Janne

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLC for me.
Some people (pharrell, Kanye West) can really pull off the G-Shock look.

VC, PP and AP all look nice but not as nice as the JLCs IMHO.

thomas prescher for independent are awesome, they look great.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'd say most anything coming out of Glashütte, Germany. :-!

Reactions: cp_ste.croix

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im talking in general. The Jaeger LeCoultre scribed across the dial really appeals to me.
There is a lot of JLCs I do not like the look of, and many AP, VC and PP that I really like but given the choice I would take a JLC. This is just personal, I dont expect anyone else to agree.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
How come Breguet is not on the list?
Sorry, could not help it...

What you are starting is a basic fanboy flame. The reply from Mike is as close as it gets but... wait for it - this is JUST my humble opinion. Anything you read will be highly subjective. You can add Casio for being accessible (those who disagree will call it a terrorist watch), Seiko for making so many folk happy yet making some exquisite pieces like Credor, and so on and so forth... No clear criteria will only lead to flame, as there is no answer to the question "based on what" ;)

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Yeah, I think the important thing here is in whose eyes is the brand synonymous with good taste - WIS's or the general public. Most people haven't even heard of half the brands listed here.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,730 Posts
Any thoughts on which prestige brand has the most positive public image and is synonymous with good taste?
Many watches are synonymous with good taste, but the particulars really depend on who is doing the tasting. Additionally, the brand name is probably last on the list of critera for determining whether a watch is in good taste. Things like styling, fit, finish and appropriateness of the watch for the occasion all come into determining whether a given watch would be seen as being in good taste. Thus a high end dive watch worn with a suit would be in poor taste no matter how well made.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Taste, much like charisma, cannot be garbed up in brands and outfits. You either have it or you don't.

Brands and prestige are fleeting and superfluous, swung aside by the vagaries of that tempestuous woman time. But good taste? It stays with you forever, and what more, you could even pass it on.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Taste is a very subjective thing so eventually every high end watch is going to be listed here.

I'd like to vouch for Zenith, their El Primero and Classic lines are just spectacular. Classy, somewhat sporty and very modern.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Vacheron Constantin.

Why? Well, their designs are clean and classy, not to mention exquisite, and they're my favorite watch manufacturer. Simple as that.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts