WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering purchasing a Seiko Black Monster, but have heard that the stainless steel band on it is pretty difficult to adjust, even many jewelers will mess it up. Is there a place where I can take it knowing they'll do a good job, I do not mind paying as long as they know what they're doing.

*I apologize for the typo in the thread title

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I resized mine by myself using a thumb tack (i actually have a set if proper tools coming in the mail!) It wasn't that difficult, but definitely a little trickier than standard pins. There is lots of info on the web to show you what to do. I took my Seiko Kinetic to a jewelry store and was met with a blank stare when I mentioned "pins and collars". If I was to do it all again I would have ordered a bracelet sizing tool when I ordered the watch...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I was actually planning on buying the watch and ordering a $4.99 watch adjustment kit, as you mentioned. As long as I study up on how to work with a pin and collar band it should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.