WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which reverse display is relatively easy to read?

GW810BD is already reported to be hard to read, while the GW810BXD is a easy to read one, what else is easy to read?

·
Registered
397 Posts

GW810BD is already reported to be hard to read, while the GW810BXD is a easy to read one, what else is easy to read?
Aren't those almost the same watch with the same display? I saw both of these on www.hbwatches.com and thought the GW810BD case looked better (darker), but I find it off the display is harder to read since it appears identical to the GW810BXD display. Although upon second look, the BD appears to have yellower digits, compared to the blue-ish grey of the BXD.

Have you checked out the GW700BDJ-2JF display? It appears closer to the BXD blueish hue. (althought it's not a multi-band watch like the 810 line).

peace

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I vote for the G-304RL. I've got one and it's the best reverse display I've owned, ditched all the others. and this in spite of having analog hands over top of the display as well!

cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi Guys how are we all?
I guess that all depends on the colour they use for the numbers, red, white, purple and yellow. I only got two G shock that reverse display.
1) DW-5600CF-8JF: black with yellowish numbers.
2) G-5600RB-1JF: Black with purplish/yellowish numbers.
They are all fairly easily to read, the G-5600RB is a little easier. The 5600 in my IMO the easiest display to read with its' big numbers and uncluttered display. I guess the thing to remember with reverse display is to pick ones with a plain display and larger numbers, G-5500, DW-56RTB.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Aren't those almost the same watch with the same display? I saw both of these on www.hbwatches.com and thought the GW810BD case looked better (darker), but I find it off the display is harder to read since it appears identical to the GW810BXD display. Although upon second look, the BD appears to have yellower digits, compared to the blue-ish grey of the BXD.

peace

hi,

I had the GW-810BD for about one and a half weeks and gave it back lately because the legibility of the yellowish digits were so poor, it wasn't fun at all to read the time on this watch (which is of course not the way it is supposed to be). then I switched to the GW-810BXD and the greyish/metal tone of the digits make in my opinion almost a day and night difference.

on the pic the yellowish digits of the GW-810BD may not appear to read so hard, but that is because of the flashlight. it is also good to read when direct sunlight hits the watch, which is most of the time a luxury in winter. so this one can IMO only recommended for summertime use ;-) :-d

but even on a few days the sun shined and you turned into a shade, the legibility dropped to an unacceptable level - at least to my taste.

besides, the bi-colour look of the GW-810BXD (case and bracelet) is a real eye-catcher, something I never had on any watch before, I really like it.

regards, holger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts