WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys after getting some great advice on here I've decided to hold on to my Submariner 116610 LN . Which Rolex Should I save for next ?

I know this is probably a very personal and subjective area, however I would like to to hear fellow members thoughts.

I'm wondering which Rolex models members own or like me are working and saving to eventually attain??

Cheers lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I dunno, I really like my BLNR... so that?

It might be fun to hunt down a really good vintage model, too.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,840 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: oztech and Valtonio

·
Registered
12,439 Posts
One of these! I am on a three-year waiting list for one.

Reactions: brucethemanlee

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apologies should have mentioned a budget! My max budget is 6.5k so I'm looking at the likes of the new explorer or the milgauss gv.

Anything else I have missed within that budget please feel free to comment

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't buy a watch just to buy one. First identify the life circumstances or other ways/places you want to wear the watch, OR do a lot of research and find something that really speaks and appeals to you.

If you want something dressier, I'd get a silver Datejust II.

You could also consider either the Blue or Gray OP 114300.

For me personally, I dislike the lightning bolt seconds hand on the Milgauss so that would be out for me, and the steel bezel of the Explorer also doesn't do much for me, either. But the new 214270 Explorer is a pretty solid choice that would compliment your sub well, too. I personally have a 14060 and 114270 explorer, and find that combo to be very versatile.

Reactions: Valtonio

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't buy a watch just to buy one. First identify the life circumstances or other ways/places you want to wear the watch, OR do a lot of research and find something that really speaks and appeals to you.

For me personally, I dislike the lightning bolt seconds hand on the Milgauss so that would be out for me, and the steel bezel of the Explorer also doesn't do much for me, either. But the new 214270 Explorer is a pretty solid choice that would compliment your sub well, too. I personally have a 14060 and 114270 explorer, and find that combo to be very versatile.
Thanks for the fantastic replies and thoughts from other members! I now have to go and research more!!!! Lol

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,840 Posts
Love the cycling marker - where did you get it?
After cycling to the top. Last year a cycled around the Alps and Pyrenees got one from a few of the shops on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: calv1n

·
Registered
12,439 Posts
One of these:

Apologies should have mentioned a budget! My max budget is 6.5k so I'm looking at the likes of the new explorer or the milgauss gv.

Anything else I have missed within that budget please feel free to comment

Reactions: Fantasio

·
Registered
12,439 Posts
Perhaps:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
IMG_3385.JPG IMG_2977.JPG Vintage DateJust. Wear it on the jubilee (dressy) or leather ( casual). That and a Sub will cover a lot of ground.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
That is a very crisp photo of the gray OP.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
In that budget, Grey OP gets my vote.
The nice photos helped.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Have to agree with that. I've seen the Grey OP in person, and while it is a little small for my taste, I really like it. The fact it has no numerals is a cleaner look to my eyes (over the Explorer), and you have a choice of what, 3-4 colors?

The official name of the gray is Dark Rhodium, and the little cyan accents remind me of the new Yachtmaster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts