WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which step you will choose

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Milgauss now...but I have several thoughts for swapping...but don´t know which one.

I had Explorer I 39mm, no date 14060m, 16570 white..and now Milgauss..better be a scientist from CERN or back to climber..or..diver?

Which one I had to choose?

Unfortunately Ceramic models are out of my budget.

My combo is now Omega Speedmaster pro moon - legend ...and what will be better to my combo?
1-DSC02030.JPG 17 ROLEX 14060M1.JPG explorer II.jpg expy I.jpg

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Back to the 14060. Shouldn't have parted with it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
36mm is too small for my wrist..39 is minimum..cyclop is interesting..i had it on my 16570..

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Your black dialed Milgauss has been discontinued. Personally, I would keep it and start saving for either a 14060M or a Polar 16570. Never sell a SS Rolex, only add........
Best advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Go for the Ceramic Sub No Date. It's the cheapest ceramic and I can say that it is well worth every penny. The new ceramics are just gorgeous. You have to see it in person as pictures doesn't do it justice. Here's my Sub C with my limited photo skills...
image.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Stay with that Milgauss. In my opinion that is the one to have, and it's now discontinued. Start saving for another down the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The black Milly is really nice. I don't like the hands on the 39mm Explorer (Mercedes & too short). I don't like divers or a cyclops, so I know what I would pick.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
With the Milgauss you already have a collectable that not just anyone can buy and they are rare in the wild while the other models are as common as bluejeans or at least as popular.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, actually don't know ...from the poll I have 2ways..first stay with milg and save for another, second way to change for RNDc, gmt master II c is out of my budget isn't it?
Yesterday photo of my milg

·
Banned
79 Posts
As someone who recently considered trading a black dial Milgauss for this, that, and the other just because i wanted something different, let me chime in with some haphazardly organized thoughts.

The lugs and shape of the milgauss case is something sublime that you might not realize you would miss until it's gone. It's simple uncluttered dial will always be in style--a modern classic with effortless vintage charm. You'll never be able to get another new one just like it. Try to find another watch of similar quality that so perfectly nails the simple applied-batons-with-lume look. I've tried hard. And lastly, it has a freaking lighting bolt on the dial. All this said, I realize the model has some downsides, but i think the positives outweigh.

If you want another watch, by all means just get one, and if you want to sell the milgauss later just do it...but I think a trade (since you're questioning it now) would be short sighted.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
So, actually don't know ...from the poll I have 2ways..first stay with milg and save for another, second way to change for RNDc, gmt master II c is out of my budget isn't it?
Yesterday photo of my milg
Not sure that the difference is so substantial, if you can get a fair price on that milg the balance shouldn't be too heavy for the gmt c.

Only advice I'd share is buy what you really want, don't buy within a budget cause u will end up flipping it in the next year !

Am on the GMT for quite a while, I've bought various watches that I loved while my heart was still on the gmt master, at the end of the day I flipped them all and wasted more hardly earned cash...

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for help, i will stay with my Milgauss.. I realised i will change my combo only for 116610 LVc..frog

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts