WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mini Monster for a few weeks now but never worn it as I'm not keen on the OE bracelet. I ordered a Yobokies Anvil which I love but it just doesn't sit right on the Mini Monster due to the positioning of the spring bar holes being quite high up in the shrouded lugs. The end pieces of the anvil haven't got room to drop down properly, I've took a pic to show what I mean.

So I'm now thinking rubber or possibly leather but don't want to spend more money on another strap that will be too thick to fit properly. Straps I have in mind are OE Seiko rubber, Hirsch Pure or Hevea, Hirsch carbon leather or Bonetto Cinturini rubber. I'm also open to other alternatives.

Question is does anyone have any experience of actually fitting any of these straps to the Mini Monster? Thanks.

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Metal

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, they both look great, like the idea of leather with the deployant clasp and the Momentum does look like it was made for the watch. I'm leaning towards rubber as I like to give my watch a good wash after work, leather would make it a weekend only watch (sounds like I need 2 straps!) Checked it out on amazon.com $30 in US (approx £18). On amazon.co.uk it's £37, talk about rip off Britain! Definitely a contender though.

I've found a watch place locally that stocks Hirsch straps so will pop along when I get chance to see what they've got and hopefully try some on. I'm only buying something that I've seen a picture of on the watch or tried on this time!

Thanks again for the great pics of the great straps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I looked at the Hirsch carbon locally and while it is a great quality strap it just didn't seem right for this watch. They also had the pure but this just didn't seem substantial enough for it. I thought I'd give the timefactors retro strap a go and it fits the watch perfect (22mm flat version) and looks amazing on the watch. Slight downside it does pick up lint giving it a grey appearance at times. It's made me want a proper isofrane but I can't warrant spending £80 at the moment.

I've also picked up a Citizen NY0040 diver that I'm wearing for work so started thinking about leather for the Mini Monster and the Steveo straps look great on the Seiko clasp so I got in touch and have ordered the same as above in black. I also keep looking back at this thread and on amazon and have nearly ordered the momentum a couple of times, I can see myself building up a strap collection for this watch! I guess I could just save my money towards that isofrane!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I'm jealous, the white mini monster is the next seiko on my want list, but like you i'm not so fond on the stock metal bracelet, I'm planning on a brown leather bob marino strap. Where did you get your mini monster from, i've hardly seen any for sale, admittedly most of my looking has only been on ebay.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Stuart, I think I may have replied to your thread asking where to get one from! I got mine from Bodying, was a little pricey compared to some I've seen on ebay, from memory was about £130 with p&p. Big plus for me was that on bodying.co.uk it stated that the price included vat and I checked with them that I wouldn't be liable for import duty. I've had 2 watches from them and would highly recommend them.

I bought an OM initially but I sold it on almost straight away to buy the white mini. I just love the white face with the black detail. If you don't fancy paying full whack keep an eye on ebay, they don't seem to come up often but I'm sure I've seen a couple go for around £80-£100.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hi Craig, yes you did! Sorry i didn't recognise the name, i did look at bodying and they had 2 left, now they are down to one. I'd love to buy it but buying 2 new seikos in a month is a bit too much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts