WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I need some help. I want to get rid of a few watches to save up for a vintage Seiko (6139). I've gotten rid of one watch recently. Now I'm confused which one I should sell next. My Seiko SKX009 or my Seiko SSC021? Both have been with me for only a month, bought them only days apart. I admit the 009 was an impulse buy, and I'm kinda thinking this should be the one I sell. Both watches are like new and have never been abused.

What do you guys think? Which one will stand the test of time? Which one will keep its value?

Thank guys.....

·
Registered
765 Posts
The one you like less.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'd loose the 009 as well

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't like chronos, so I'd say kill the SSC. BUT... the 009 is in no danger of becoming hard to find in case you feel some remorse over selling it.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Personally, I would sell the SSC,
I don't think the 009 is going to shoot up in value, but equally, I do think the SSC will take a dive in value (no pun intended...for a change)
Call me biased but I think a mechanical is always worth more,

for example, PM me in 30 years for an offer on the 009, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in the SSC

Good luck with the search for the 6139, there are still some very nice ones out there

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Ditch the SSC. You're already looking to get the 6139 which is a chrono itself. No point in having 2 chronos in the line up. my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Do you guys think the value of the 009 will increase over the years?
it will not increase in value, but I think it will definitely retain it's value better than the SSC. The SKX's are classics that are ALWAYS in demand and sell consistently on the forums or ebay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the input guys.

I was fortunate enough to get an old 6139 from Spencer Klein. Finding one on ebay at a decent price was insanely difficult.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts