WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a bit of a dilemma here...trying to decide between the Le Locle and the Seastar 1000. I'm sure the answer most would give is the Seastar 1000...but thought I'd ask
The Le Locle (Stainless Steel SKU : T41148333) is 235 USD
The Seastar 1000 (Automatic Silver SKU : T19158331) is $315..

I have attached images for your review. Both are new.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
well, I think we have two totally different watches here. the Seastar is a "dive" watch, a sporty piece built to bear tough things, wears quite large (on an average wrist) and suits casual people better. while the Le Locle is a nicely designed, elegant watch, one that is not so sporty more formal, and would match better with a suit for example.

The question is : is this going to be your only watch? Also, you should think it over if you need a classic piece or a tough sporty watch...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! I know this is going to sound bad but the watches are both for dress/fashion rather than for function. I don't intend to go diving, but I'm starting to get into collecting watches and thought these might be nice for the price.
I read the Seastar has been discontinued and felt that these watches were great for the price.

Not intended to be my only watch...

Or perhaps I should just scrap them both and get the auto chrono attached..sigh...2 for the price of 1 or get 1 of the big boys

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I see what you mean by saying they're fashion/dress, what I meant was that the Le Locle is more of classic piece while the Seastar - at least for me - is a sporty watch. I have dress watches that I won't wear with a pair of jeans and tee, and big chunky sport watches (like the Seastar) that, for me, won't fit a suit for example...

If you ask me, I'd go with the Le Locle first, or perhaps a Locle Chronograph.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just buy both, neither one is better than the other. They are just totally different pieces.

I have never regretted buying a watch but I have often regretted not buying one.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
I'm a dive watch fan and dive watches only, so this is an easy choice for me... besides, I already have a Seastar 1k and am in love with it, so... good luck man.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Get the 1000 while you still can. I got a feeling they are going to get hard to find in the coming years. I was thinking about selling my 1000, then I got a new dive strap. I am in love all over again. Great watch.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Personally, I consider my Seastar 1000 to be very dressy, but then again other watches I've owned are much larger in size so... My vote is Seastar all the way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts