WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, just got a couple of aftermarket straps for my new Friedrichshafen. Love both option, but please tell me which one works better in your opinion: black or vintage?
20201102_115540.jpg
20201102_115849.jpg

·
Premium Member
36,286 Posts
Both look good to me. No wrong choice.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree with the above, neither for this watch. NATO/Zulu straps clash with the flieger style.

And I already hate NATO straps, but that's beside the point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Point taken re historic inaccuracy of this combo. But I must say that comfort-wise this works for me very well. A good thing is that the watch sits higher on the wrist and the crown does not dig onto my skin... But I will keep the original pilot strap on my planned for purchase Replika 55 for sure )

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would go with the bronze one other than you need a matching hardware instead of black from the pic. The perfect option is Laco Erbstuck strap, this is what I use with my Dortmund :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree with the above, neither for this watch. NATO/Zulu straps clash with the flieger style.

And I already hate NATO straps, but that's beside the point.
I have to amend my comment. I think either color would work using the same strap material, just with a different strap style.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wrote a post a few weeks ago regarding different types straps for these style watches. I had some great recommendations on which ones fit best. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I was going to say that personally I keep mine on its original strap but it's a Friedrichshafen Erbstück and it wasn't until I looked a bit closer at the Laco website whilst writing this response that I realised the standard version has a different strap!

The one fitted to my Erbstück (and the Replika) is probably the most comfortable strap I've ever come across. I would also say that although Nato straps don't look always look great they are the second most comfortable watch strap I've ever worn. Of the two you've shown; I go with the brown.

Anyway, here's mine...

Reactions: higginsd

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'd go black. I can't personally stand the extra bulk nato straps have. I don't think it helps the look of the watch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts